How filtration media to use for a 14 G AIO

Sebsauce

Hey everyone I am new to the saltwater hobby. I have An innovative marine nuvo 14 gallon aio which has 3 chambers in the back!
I am not sure what type of filter media to put in those chambers so if you could help me out that would be great! Also, I am not sure what sand would be good to put in the tank.
Also Black Friday is coming up so if anyone knows if amazon does deals on filter media and stuff like that

Thank you everyone for your help! :)

Jesterrace

I would do a filter pad/floss/sock in the first chamber and Chaeto in the second chamber (maybe 3rd if you want more biofiltration and pods breeding). You will need a small LED light for the chaeto and to trim it periodically as it grows though. Biofiltration really is best though. Tried Carbon, GFO, Chaeto and a few others I believe and my tank has consistently run best with a filter sock and chaeto.

Sebsauce

And do I need to replace any of the stuff you've mentioned or not

Jesterrace

Sebsauce said:
I have like a Pack of this Seachem Matrix, 500ml/7.1-Ounce: Amazon.ca: Pet Supplies

Also I am not really sure where I could get chaeto near me to be honest. are there any specific brands you recommend for the other stuff or its all really the same
Honestly I would only use that seachem stuff as a backup. A mix of Carbon and/or GFO (granulated ferric oxide) would work. Are you using RODI water? Tapwater doesn't do good things to saltwater tanks in most cases.

https://www.amazon.ca/Aquatic-Rever...=1&keywords=RODI+system&qid=1605841632&sr=8-5

Sebsauce

Jesterrace said:
If money is super tight then you could do just a regular RO system. Not as good as RODI but it sure beats treated tapwater:

https://www.amazon.ca/3-Stage-Porta...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=
I haven’t set it up yet! I was gonna go to the store to get filter media tomorrow ! **** that’s expensive setup? Can I not just buy water from the store? I guess long term that it too much money eh
Do I always have to replay the carbon and UFO.... whoops I mean GFO

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom