How Far Along Is My Lyretail?

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by Platies n friends, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Platies n friends

Platies n friends New Member Member

I got this Lyretail from the store cause it was showing signs of pregnancy and I wanted to make sure it went somewhere it could birth peacefully and the fry would live.

But I don't know much about these type of fish at all. I do know she is pregnant for sure, but the real question is how long till she births?

I tried to get my best pictures, but she is quite fast. Her stomach is squared off \___/
    IMG_20170410_193742335.jpg

Attached Files:

2. FishL:))

FishL:)) Well Known Member Member

Hello!
    My guess from the picture is 1 week- 1 1/2 weeks till berthing. It's really hard guessing when they will berth, but you can always make an estimate. :) If she has the boxed shape though she should be soon!! :)

3. OP
    OP
    Platies n friends

Thank you for the help, I must ask your opinions of using breeding nets. A lot of people say they might cause a lot of issues with the birth and I got worried. Are they ok to use?

4. FishL:))

Yes, they will cause stress. But if you see she when she starts berthing you can put her in there to save the babies.
    Right after berthing take her out of the breeder net ASAP. :) The best way is to put her in her own tank heavily planted, with lots of hiding spots for the Fry. Berthing her fry will be stressful as it is,so your job is to try and make it the least stressful a possible. :) I recommend doing option #2. :)

5. OP
    OP
    Platies n friends

I like the sound of the 2nd one too, ill do that for sure. Also I feel awkward asking, but I cant figure out how to pm users, I tried looking around but saw nothing. Is it cause im brand new?

6. FishL:))

It's totally fine!! :) Just click on the persons profile and it will say Star A Conversation. Really easy! Hopefully that's the question you were asking? :)

I'm using the app so I don't know if it's different on a computer. :)

7. OP
    OP
    Platies n friends

Maybe its cause im on a computer, ill try on my phone. Thank you again :)

8. FishL:))

No problem! Did you figure it out on the app?

9. OP
    OP
    Platies n friends

No, I believe it may be how new I am. I sent in a message to moderators.

10. FishL:))

They should be able to help you. :)

11. clk89

clk89 Fishlore VIP Member

You have to have 50 posts at least to use private messaging on this site.

12. FishL:))

Ah, that's it! :) There you go. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice