How does your 30 gallon look like??

blennylover2323

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
so I am setting up a new 33 gallon for my room mate and need some ideas, would love to see what you guys have done to your 30 gallon tank and fish you have put in. really excited to see what plants and everything is in your tanks!!!!
-really need ideas asap!!

Flyfisha

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Kia- Ora bennylover232.
I have a 32 gallon lounge tank. It’s nothing special to look at ,but I have managed to hide most of the essential live support system behind a large chunk of driftwood that can be removed easily for access to filterS . Common easy growing plants like java moss and java fern ( narrow leaf) planted on wood and rocks compliment a few crypts planted in the substrate. Basically 3 types of plants and 3 species of fish in my mind is more pleasing than a Noahs ark tank ( community) with two of everything. I have a group of 18 small green neons and a pair of small apistogrammas. A few ottos shuffle around out of site 90% of the time. And a couple of blue endler males help as dither fish to make the green neons think it’s safe to swim in the open. To my eyes the pothos plants growing outside of the tank kind of soften what is in fact a square glass box.

Edit to add a quick snapshot.
20BE1651-2E49-4809-89D9-D2D8C0844814.jpeg

Nickguy5467

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
does 29g count.. look at my monstrosity. Look at it!

IMG_20200804_141306569.jpg

lots of algae i have to deal with. whats yellow should be brown. but my camera is wierd

ExtremeBoss

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I don't have a 30 gallon to show, but as a fish idea, you can have 15-20 Neon Tetras in a tank that size. They will look very beautiful, especially since they are shoaling fish.

PenguinTetra38

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Nickguy5467 said:
does 29g count.. look at my monstrosity. Look at it!

IMG_20200804_141306569.jpg

lots of algae i have to deal with. whats yellow should be brown. but my camera is wierd
your substrate is so flat! How do you get it like that?

MoshJosh

Well Known
Reaction score
Here are mine. Some pots and some java fern attached to cholla wood. No substrate, bottom and back painted white.
D6C0E411-5F9A-4017-8C26-944AC6965492.jpeg

OP
blennylover2323

blennylover2323

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
these are so cool!!! I really want a carpet plant in my new tank, any ideas on a low tech carpet plant??

TremayneBC

Reaction score
blennylover2323 said:
so I am setting up a new 33 gallon for my room mate and need some ideas, would love to see what you guys have done to your 30 gallon tank and fish you have put in. really excited to see what plants and everything is in your tanks!!!!
-really need ideas asap!!

There's our 30G predator setup

Attachments

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator