How Does One Get A Fish Room? Funny

Discussion in 'Funny Stuff' started by Basil, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Basil

BasilWell Known MemberMember

63C9AABF-B4EC-4852-A4A7-968BB6941768.jpeg 1. Convince hubby you need an RO/DI system and subconsciously suggest the old washer hookup in the way too large first floor bathroom. Hubby happily installs system. Check.
    2. Procure extra tanks from friends looking to rid themselves of said tanks sitting around and cluttering up their houses. Stack tanks in large bathroom. Check.
    3. Set up your water making system and pile various other tank maintenance items in large bathroom. Check.

We need to redo that bathroom and I suggested using a curtain to cordon off the fish room.
    Hubby’s 35 years in home improvement surfaced and he suggested moving the bathroom over and utilizing the space in the adjacent closet for the bathroom. That leaves a nice big space for my fish water prep room with a sink!

Success!!:D Although it will probably take 6 months to come to fruition!
    ETA. And of course, thank hubby profusely for his great ideas!!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  2. richie.p

richie.pFishlore VIPMember

Once its all done hubby drops a bomb shell,
    Do you fancy moving dear

3. smee82

smee82Fishlore VIPMember

No way that would work with my wife

4. fa4960

fa4960Well Known MemberMember

Not here either....probably a good thing in my case though because within a few months I would get diagnosed with a severe case of multi tank syndrome if I suddenly had a fish room.

5. jjohnwm

jjohnwmWell Known MemberMember

Fish room? Doesn't everybody have a fish room? What's so special about that?

But you're talking about a Fish Water Prep Room! That is impressive! :)

6. OP
    OP
    Basil

I realized after the fact that I should have titled it differently!

7. Jellibeen

JellibeenWell Known MemberMember

I don’t have a fish room! I have a bedroom with fish tanks in it. The primary purpose of a fish room is fish.

8. LDan

LDanValued MemberMember

My bedroom is my fish room! I've got 4 tanks in it . Too much maybe, but I want to see my fish and it's where I spend most of my time living in a small upstairs apartment with a mostly deaf elderly parent.

9. AllThumbs

AllThumbsNew MemberMember

Awesome! My husband has done a whole lot for me and my fish room/indoor garden. I'd probably have a little shrimp tank on my desk if not for him (not that there's anything wrong with that).

10. Fancytailaquatics

FancytailaquaticsNew MemberMember

A fish room starts with one tank. Next thing you know a year later it has 12+ tanks or more, pond pumps for draining water, water line tapped into a 33-gallon garbage can for water changes and I can't go on :)

11. Violetskies

VioletskiesValued MemberMember

I have dreams of a fish room, but for now my apartment bedroom is my fishroom too. I have four 5 gallon tanks with bettas and one 30g with guppies and cories. There's hardly any room left for me!

12. WD66

WD66Valued MemberMember

A divorce...:dead:

13. AllThumbs

sometimes things are necessary. :)

14. Crazycoryfishlady

CrazycoryfishladyWell Known MemberMember

Who needs that kind of negativity in their life anyway! Fish first! :D

15. OP
    OP
    Basil

Nah. My husband is quite the enabler. He’s taken a bit of a fancy to the fish. When I set up the next tank I may ask him what fish he wants in “ his” tank. :D

16. AllThumbs

same here! we just got back from petco and he was like 'arent you going to buy any more fish?' lol i was like, 'not from them, but we can go to lfs tomorrow.' and he smiled. does my w/c for me, helps me clean tanks, etc. we don't have the right kind of space like the OP has, but i do have him thinkin about putting the water out the window. :)

oh and he has a 10 gallon and an lil 8 g imaginarium downstairs in his man cave. he keeps reminding me that he needs to fill out one of his schools. i'm trying! :) he used to have only fake plants, cuz he 'doesn't want to get into that.'

well, guess who has 1 plant in his tank? so far. lol.

he's a keeper. an unlikely fish keeper :)

17. fa4960

fa4960Well Known MemberMember

Don't give me ideas...;)