How does my tank look?

Wobbegong

I just rearranged the wood in my 125 gallon tank and am wondering what your thoughts are on it. The tank is not at its full stock rn but I hope it will soon be ready for angelfish. Also if there are any things that you think would look good in the tank lmk.

Attachments

• IMG_5639.jpeg
    IMG_5639.jpeg
    133 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_5665.jpeg
    IMG_5665.jpeg
    188.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_5666.jpeg
    IMG_5666.jpeg
    230.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_5664.jpeg
    IMG_5664.jpeg
    180.2 KB · Views: 49

SinisterCichlids

I think you would really benefit from a neutral background. I really like the right side of the tank. Maybe using that as a focal point in the middle of the tank would be more beneficial. My eyes immediately jump to the clay pots. Also using more substrate and layering it higher could provide more depth to the tank.

Upvote 0

Fishproblem

my 2 cents... the clay pots are cool but would look better overflowing with plants, and integrated more subtely into the hardscape. SinisterCichlids is right. That driftwood, especially on the right side, really is just awesome. If I were you, I'd focus more on elements like that, and partially obscure the pots and arrange them in a more uneven layout, like having two of the rectangle pots on one side, and one on the other, but none in the middle. And I'd arrange them as though they'd been there a very long time, and the "forest" had grown in around them and begun to sort of consume them. They're a cool element, and would make for a really satisfying discovery with more balanced, subtle arrangement. As is, they're a bit jarring to see just in the center of the tank, separate from the rest.

Upvote 0

Wobbegong

I think you would really benefit from a neutral background. I really like the right side of the tank. Maybe using that as a focal point in the middle of the tank would be more beneficial. My eyes immediately jump to the clay pots. Also using more substrate and layering it higher could provide more depth to the tank.
I am going to paint a very neutral background on black particle board and put it behind the tank. As for the clay pots I think I might make the other one in the back a little bit taller but not as tall, as well as put some anubias or java fern on it. Rn there is ludwigia, hydrophilia, jungle val, amazon swords and spiralis in the back pots.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Jocelyn Adelman
Replies
Views
JustAFishServant
Replies
Views
leehblanc
Replies