How does my clown loach look

1. N

Newbiee Valued Member Member

I just treated my smallest clown loach for ich and I'm wondering how he fared could you guys tell me if he looks all right sorry the picture is not great but he has been very active and would not hold still ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438836738.205466.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438836759.214639.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. Bijou88

Bijou88 Well Known Member Member

He looks ok to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

3. LiterallyHydro

LiterallyHydro Well Known Member Member

Likewise. Nothing appears out of the ordinary. Of course my eyes tend to miss the most subtle things..

4. OP
    OP
    N

Thanks just wanted to make sure because as my name suggests I'm new at this

5. ricmcc

ricmcc Well Known Member Member

I agree with the two above posts, but would add that what is really telling is they way you describe his behavior; that is, very active. Sick fish normally behave like they are sick:), were being very active is one sign of health. This does sound a bit trite, but looking at the way a fish behaves is very important in determining his health.
    And no problem with asking for an opinion, Newbiee
    All the best, rick

6. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Looks good to me as well. How many do you have?

7. DrSahl

DrSahl Valued Member Member

Looks fine to me and they don't lack any colour.

8. ClearEyes

ClearEyes Well Known Member Member

Also, how big is your tank? Clown loaches have growth requirements that many newbies, as you say you are, don't know about. They need a huge tank, upwards of 155 gallons.

9. OP
    OP
    N

Hi guys I have 5 they are currently in a 55 which I know is too small they are usually in a 150 but it has not been set up yet since the move but they will be put back into their new home shortly

10. LiterallyHydro

LiterallyHydro Well Known Member Member

You already have a 150 laying around? Or are you planning on getting one soon?

11. ricmcc

ricmcc Well Known Member Member

If that is a cardinal partially in one of your pics, it would seem that your clowns are still rather small.
    There is absolutely no problem with growing out juvenile fish in a smaller tank than the one they will be ultimately be housed in, so you seem to have a good handle on what you are doing, as you already have the 150g---best, rick

12. OP
    OP
    N

I have larger clowns that I will be putting back into the 150 but I am having problems with this clown in particular. After going through the whole treatment for ich he now seems to have something starting on his tail it looks like tiny triangular notches on the back of his tail. Am I just being overly cautious or could this be the beginning of fin rot?