how does a delivery system of a 25 gallon tank locally work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishalias

Reactions
I am getting a 25 gallon tank. I think some of you guys which had seen me post a lot and lots of threads about this 25 gallon tank know about this.
the local pet store owner ssaid that
Firstly I need to give him the tank I wanna make eg. "hey sir I want to make a 25 gallon tank which is 24" by 12" by 20". " then he will call the tank seller and tell him bout the tank which I wanna make.
Secondly, I need to give him my address and telephone or handphone no.
Thirdly I will need to give him money for the tank , which is 45 dollars and the delivery which is 10 dollars.
Fourthly, I asked him how does the delivery system work and he said I will need to tell him when am I free at home to receive it. I told him next sunday and he said okay. then he said, when? then I said 12 pm. then he called the tank seller and told them to deliver the tank to my block at the desired time. but this is where the confusing part is. I don't know why would they need my phone no. I asked the shop keeper today just 1 hour ago and he said that its because the deleverer will need to call me once they reach my block basement to make sure that I am at home. then they will go up with me to my house and put it inside my house to my desired spot.but this is also still confusing to me even after he told me about it. the part where he said my address, do I need to give him all of my address details? or just the blk no. and place? and overall have 2 questions. one is this one<<
and the other is can a 13 year old order a tank locally from a nearby pet store? Oh! and also another question. do deliverers always get into my house to put my tank inside the house or do they leave it outside the house for me to take it in? its because my house is messy and I don't want them to see it and laugh at my house. and its also dangerous for a 13 year old alone in the house to have 2 or 1 adult strangers carrying a tank into my house. people might see it and call the police or the deliverer might rob my house. please don't tell me to ask my friends or parents to be at home at that time bvecause they are super busy.
thanks if you guys can answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reactions
Aquarium Details  
Nickname
MTS Enabler
Gallery
Yes
Occupation
office administrator
Quarantine?
I've learned my lesson. I will always quarantine from now on. :(
List any water conditioners and test kits used:
API Master Test Kit, Prime, Garlic Guard, VitaChem
Experience
More than 10 years
Do you know of and understand the Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle?
Yes
Aquarium Size
75 Gallon
Aquarium Type
Freshwater Fish Only
Fish, Plants, Inverts, etc.
blood parrots, african featherfin catfish, bristlenose pleco, turquoise, australian rainbowfish, Siamese algae eater
Aquarium Start Date
3/26/11 (upgraded fish from the 46 gallon)
Ammonia
Nitrite
Nitrate
Temperature
pH
Aquarium Filter Type
Rena XP3
Aquarium #2 Size
46 gallon
Tank #2 Type
Freshwater Planted Tank
Tank #2 Fish, Plants, Inverts, etc.
kuhli loaches, rummy nose, xray and ember tetras, rio abre guppies, variety of snails, endlers livebearers, harlequin rasboras, BN pleco
Tank #2 Start Date
January 2010
Tank #2 Ammonia
Tank #2 Nitrite
Tank #2 Nitrate
Tank #2 Temperature
Tank #2 pH
Tank #2 Filter Type
Aqua Clear 70/300
Aquarium #3 Size
16 gallon
Tank #3 Type
Freshwater Planted Tank
Tank #3 Fish, Plants, Inverts, etc.
assassin snails, pygmy corys, red cherry shrimp, otos, peppered corys, loxozonus corys
Tank #3 Start Date
8/29/10
Tank #3 Ammonia
Tank #3 Nitrite
Tank #3 Nitrate
Tank #3 Temperature
- Marineland Stealth Pro 100 watt
Tank #3 pH
Tank #3 Filter Type
Aqua Clear
A) You should have one parent there when they deliver the tank. You are right in that a 13 year old should not accept any package. And, in my opinion, the delivery company should also have a problem with that.

B) Your parents should never be too busy to protect their child.

C) Do not write your name, address, phone (personal information) on a public form. That's just dangerous.

D) Yes, they would need your full address and phone number.

E) Yes, they would require payment up front.

F) No, you should not make duplicate threads about the same topic.

OP
F

fishalias

Reactions
how much do you think is a 25 gallon tank cost in singapore? with delivery.

25 gallon tank cost? and delivery?
its a 24" by 12" 20" tank
how do they count the cost? I mean do they count by the area of glass used? and usually how much does a delivery cost?
in singapore dollars please.

iloveengl

Well Known
Reactions
Aquarium Details  
Gallery
Yes
Quarantine?
quicky 5g emergency tub
TSS, Prime, Aquasafe, API Liquid Kit
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yes
Aquarium Size
29g
Aquarium Type
Freshwater Planted Tank
Fish, Plants, Inverts, etc.
1 x golden wonder killifish, 9 x red minor tetra, 2 x bleeding heart tetra, 6 x nerite snails, Anubias & Java fern varieties, Brazilian pennywort, & floating Anacharis.
Aquarium Start Date
Years ago.
Temperature
78-ish
Aquarium Filter Type
HOB
Aquarium #2 Size
8g bookshelf tank
Tank #2 Type
Freshwater Planted Tank
Tank #2 Fish, Plants, Inverts, etc.
1 veiltail betta, 3 remaining black kuhli loaches, 1 remaining otocinclus, Anubias nana, and various baby plants from the 29g.
Tank #2 Temperature
78-ish
Tank #2 Filter Type
HOB
Ask the salesperson at your local fish store. Prices vary. The vast majority of the members do not live in Singapore, so we have no idea what it will cost. Likewise, you'll need to ask them if they deliver.

Plus, you seemed to know a day or two ago that it will cost you $55.

I will have to throw away my other tanks in order to have that 25 gallon and I will have to pay everything myself! [...] now I have 25 dollars I need 55 dollars to buy it! 30 dollars more!

What changed? Does it not fit in the taxi?

Last edited:

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reactions
Aquarium Details  
Nickname
Ken
Gallery
Yes
Quarantine?
YES!
Prime
API Master Test Kit
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes
Aquarium Type
Freshwater Fish Only
Nitrite
Skimmer
No
Tank #2 Type
Freshwater Fish Only
Tank #2 Ammonia
Tank #2 Nitrite
Tank #3 Type
Freshwater Fish Only
Hello,

You have stated in the thread below that the tank will cost $55:

I suggest you talk with the manager of the store where you are buying the tank as to any delivery fees.

Ken

OP
F

fishalias

Reactions
because now when I just asked the man in the shop. he said I can't bring it home because I won't be able to carry. so he said its a must I must have delivery that's why so its 55 dollars plus? but then about that thread I created last time... the tank cost of 55 dollars I estimated to you guys only its not reeally 55 dollars sorry from estimating and not asking the man in the shop myself. but I think that plus delivery it would cost about 50 to 60 dollars right? anyways I will try to ask him again if I have the time. thanks.

and also why is it that a lot of times its always you guys that answer my questions? and also why am I a fish bum now? I thought I was a fishlore newbie? and my stars rose to 2 stars.

I have merged your back to back posts. Remember there is an EDIT key at the bottom of every post that you can use for additional thoughts and or corrections. It helps to save a little space on the forum. USE IT when you can please
Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reactions
Aquarium Details  
Nickname
Ken
Gallery
Yes
Quarantine?
YES!
Prime
API Master Test Kit
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes
Aquarium Type
Freshwater Fish Only
Nitrite
Skimmer
No
Tank #2 Type
Freshwater Fish Only
Tank #2 Ammonia
Tank #2 Nitrite
Tank #3 Type
Freshwater Fish Only
Hello,

I usually try to go over as many threads as I can every day. The Moderators are just like everyone one else when it comes to helping out members and answering posts. It's what we do

You are now a fish bum because of the number of posts you have. As your post count rises your stars increase and the little name below your screen name will change. Just something fun is all.

Here is a link explaining the Stars:
https://www.fishlore.com/aquariumfishforum/threads/what-the-stars-signify-under-user-names.21695/

Ken

Lucy

Star Boarder
Reactions
Excellent advice from Linda.
Closing this thread since the questions have been answered.

Lucy

Star Boarder
Reactions
You've gotten enough advice about this tank in various threads.
Several members have taken their time to try and help you, yet you continue to ask.
These questions, as pointed out above should be addressed to the shop keeper.

Any other threads asking these same questions will be deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom