Help How do you start a fish-in cycle?

julifhy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have a 2.5 gallon tank with one live plant and a betta. It has a heater and I just put in a filter.
The water perimeters currently are:
Ammonia: .25
Nitrate: 0
Nitrite: 0
Total Hardness: in between 75-150
Total Chlorine: 0
Total Alkalinity: 120
PH: 7.8

I made this thread yesterday so if you need more background info look here: Please help, betta in shock after water change? Help - | Freshwater Fish Disease 446498 or you can just ask.

I’m new to fish keeping and I need help making sure my 2.5 gallon is good enough for my betta until I set up a 10 gallon.

Attachments

CoryBoi

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You have already started the cycle. by the day your ammonia will go up, if it reaches .5 then do a 50% water change. You will need to buy a test kit for this. You will do a 50% water change every time ammonia or nitrite hit .50. Eventually ammonia and nitrite will go down to 0 and your nitrates will be visible.

OP
julifhy

julifhy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
CoryFan said:
You have already started the cycle. by the day your ammonia will go up, if it reaches .5 then do a 50% water change. You will need to buy a test kit for this. You will do a 50% water change every time ammonia or nitrite hit .50. Eventually ammonia and nitrite will go down to 0 and your nitrates will be visible.
I’ll get a testing kit and later today and I’ll test the water tomorrow around 3 probably.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom