How do you ship fish?

Broggy
my post office said they were not permitted to ship live animals, which I thought was strange. they had no food, no chemicals, and they were double bagged with lots of padding in the box. they also had a lot of problems with the box, like maybe how I had not assembled it and packed it to perfection. anyways, they told me the only way to ship it was to drive an hour away and pay more to ship it, or to drive to the airport and pay a lot more just to ship a box with a couple loaches in it. doesn't sound right does it?

how do you guys ship fish?

LowConductivity
Broggy said:
my post office said they were not permitted to ship live animals, which I thought was strange. they had no food, no chemicals, and they were double bagged with lots of padding in the box. they also had a lot of problems with the box, like maybe how I had not assembled it and packed it to perfection. anyways, they told me the only way to ship it was to drive an hour away and pay more to ship it, or to drive to the airport and pay a lot more just to ship a box with a couple loaches in it. doesn't sound right does it?

how do you guys ship fish?
Years past, I shipped 90% of the time USPS Priority mail. It was timely enough, and pretty cost effective. Have shipped UPS/Fedex almost exclusively for the last year and a half....too many USPS delays to feel safe. Find someone with a shipper account and a good discount from the published rate.

alven
I'm not sure which mail company you're using but USPS allows the shipping of live fish if it follows their regulations. should help. This other link should help as well ---> How to ship fish, shrimp, and plants | Aquarium Plants Forum | 432497

P.S - Make sure to also read the regulations of shipping live fish on the USPS site if you would like to use them.

Broggy
yeah, I had one of those fancy medium sized priority mail boxes, I went into a UPS store, they also told me it would take a week to get to the destination. but it is priority mail, meaning it should get there in 1-3 business days, right?

what is the difference between ups and usps?

LowConductivity
Broggy said:
yeah, I had one of those fancy medium sized priority mail boxes, I went into a UPS store.

what is the difference between ups and usps?
You took a USPS priority box to UPS? That could be the hangup, they can be kinda picky about branded boxing....

alven
The United States Postal Service (USPS) is an independent agency of the U.S federal government. It's designed for shipping smaller packages domestically (meaning within U.S borders) and internationally, meaning different places in the world. It's faster than UPS.

The United Parcel Service (UPS) is technically higher than USPS because they specialize in shipping larger parcels internationally, which is why they're considered the worlds largest package delivering company.

As far as prices go, UPS is more expensive due to fees, especially when it comes to smaller packages. In contrast, USPS offers better rates when shipping packages under 2lbs.

**Also for speed, USPS is more picky about packaging, weight and those type of stuff but UPS is better for larger packages. However in your case, USPS seems like the way to go, for you.

Broggy
ok yes, I used a usps box in a ups store. I see what I have done wrong, I always thought ups and usps were the same thing, thank you guys.

Betta'sAnonymous
Brown vs blue uniforms....!

Latest threads

Top Bottom