How do you say goodbye to your dead fish?

Harlebleondora

It's always sad when a fish dies.
I say good bye to my fish that have passed away by wrapping them in a cloth and digging a hole in a section of the garden full of flowers in a gap between the bushes and trees. And when the sun goes down I bury them and do a short funeral.

So how do you see out your dead fish?

Claire Bear

I live near a creek in a very wooded area. There are many hungry wild animals around including beavers and raccoons, so if I do have one pass and it had no discernible disease, I will place it where the trails cross. However, I must admit I don't always do this.
That is very sweet and it will help your soil as well, so our little fish keep the cycle of life going!

Thunder_o_b

Harlebleondora said:
I say good bye to my fish that have passed away by wrapping them in a cloth and digging a hole in a section of the garden full of flowers in a gap between the bushes and trees. And when the sun goes down I bury them and do a short funeral.

We do the same as you.

lollipopkiller

I bury them in my garden sometimes

Rivieraneo

Harlebleondora said:

Same here, I then carve a rock with their name on it and place it over their burial area.

Harlebleondora

Yeah I pick some flowers and place them on top of the grave.
It's lovely to know that no one flushes their dead fish :'(

DougieB

depends on how significant the fish is.
if I just brought the fish and it didn't cope well with traveling then a small plastic bag and into the bin. none of fish that I love have died yet so I don't know what I will be like when one of my favs dies.

Animalover

Harlebleondora said:
Yeah I pick some flowers and place them on top of the grave.
It's lovely to know that no one flushes their dead fish :'(
I find it kind of immoral to flush them. Would people flush their grandmother in a giant toilet when it is her time?

Shine

Mine go to the flowerbeds outside. Although if it is the winter and the fish that died was small I have put a couple in the indoor potted plants...

Fashooga

In the trash bin...If I bury it in the yard, than I'm afraid the neighborhood cat "Oreo" will exhume the fish...

JRC3

If they're from my tanks they go in the snail farm (puffer food) for the snails to eat. I probably wouldn't do this with a fish that hasn't made it through QT.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom