How Do You Pay For This Hobby?

AJE
I have a fish jar next to my tanks and people can drop change in.

Bryangar
By having a job lol

midna
the money I saved up while I had a job. i've been out of a job for nearly a year so it's probably time to start looking again gotta feed my animules

goldface
Passive income.

david1978
I stand by the side of the road with a sign. Its pretty sad I live in the middle of no were so about 3 cars pass my house a day. And its the same 3 cars everyday. Lol. Its a hobby like most you just slowly keep spending money on it, keeping your eyes open for deals

Discus-Tang
I use ~50% of my salary

allllien
Gumtree, ebay and aliexpress are good for finding cheap / secondhand stuff, also selling unwanted stuff on ebay or gumtree helps out

Fashooga
Saving money and five finger discount.

AshleyBetta
I scrape the bottom of my bank account every week... whoops!

Well, my fish babies have got to have all their new decorations and nice things!

CanadianFishFan
I buy all the stuff without bring money and slowly pay my parents back over the months... I once had $267 I had to pay back.

AshleyBetta
I buy all the stuff without bring money and slowly pay my parents back over the months... I once had $267 I had to pay back.

Lol nice. Parents are the best bank accounts sometimes

AJE
Do th
ey charge interest?

CanadianFishFan
Do th

ey charge interest?
They said they will if I keep doing this... It adds up fast!

AshleyBetta
Do th

ey charge interest?

Haha, my mom lent me some money to buy a spontaneous craiglist tank find of mine, and she made me pay her back with 10% interest!

FishWithTim
I get 10 sometimes 20 dollars a week. I do fine. I have not ran out of food or went out to buy some more yet. But I am buying more different food aka shrimp pellets for my algae eaters lol. I am planning on breeding bettas here soon and sell them.

Sometimes I do that to and pay them back with allowace money.

Awaken_Riceball_
I sold a rare collector edition video game to pay for the tank equipments and decors lol

penguin02
Mowing lawns and birthday money. I need to get a job lol

Elice
I have to work to support my animal habits.

Parents are the best bank accounts sometimes
Agree-Bonafide Daddy's Girl for Life

chromedome52
I eat a lot of Ramen Noodles for lunch.

Sarah73
Marlin
I'm a pharmacy technician while in college trying to get into vet school :3 I put limits on how much I spend on my fish per month xD. Also it looks like petco is having $ per gallon sale near my area tomorrow :x hope I don't max out in one day

Zoomo
I try to space it out, a few smaller things each pay check, or one of the bigger things, but always always pay my bills first. This week I went hog wild, to buy rack, but also needed a ton of household things, litter for cats, garbage bags, tub cleaner, just stuff. My next big purchase will be tank for the pea puffers.

Blaze
I try to stock up on food and water conditioners first, then next pay is when we get more supplies such as prime or carbon.
It's all about the planning and making the right decisions... Which I find difficult seeing as I can be impulsive lol but the fiancee slaps me in the head when I start looking at fish..

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BettaPonic
Replies
Views
86 ssinit
Replies
Views
SparkyJones
Replies
Views