How do you like your acrylic tank(s) ???

kainalu

Reaction score
I"m thinking about buying a bigger tank, around 30-40 gal. Can anyone tell me if they prefer the seaclear tank or the one from glass cages which also makes acrylic tanks. The one difference between the two is one looks seamless(but cost a lot more) vs the traditional looking type with the black frame around the top and bottom and seams? I"m very new at this so please give me some advice.....Thanks

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome to fishLore!!!
Now to answer your question... I have an acrylic tank I use for a quarantine tank and hate it It scratches so easy and so is hard to see through. I really like my glass tanks, they don't seem to scratch or dull as easily. Just my 2 cents worth
If you are going to get a tank from glasscages you are so lucky. They make some gorgeour tanks.
Carol

Dino

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The main use for acryllics is for larger tansk where weight becomes an issue.
I can carry/move the 112 gallon acryllic (less than 60 pounds) here with one other person.
My 165 gallon glass,( over 200 pounds) however, requires atleast 4, preferably 6, people to move.

I support Glasscages 100%. Tom is good people.

Dino

Miss Mouse

Well Known
Reaction score
Yeah mny acrylics in the past have scratched really badly too - although there's a fab site that makes really nice ones...

Enjoy!

New Threads