How do you Enjoy your Fish?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ziabis, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Ziabis

Ziabis Well Known Member Member

How and what do you do to enjoy your fish? :;santaclaus

Me, I sit on a tiny stool in front of my aquarium and watch and look at
    the whole environment or I sit on my sofa and look from behind into the
    aquarium.

It's interesting to see how they live and I some times wonder if I
    can tell if they enjoy living here. :)

2. Fashooga

Fashooga Fishlore VIP Member

I like to take a nice halibut/salmon filet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Than I'll fry it on a pan and cook mushrooms, green beans and red onions. Than I'll squeeze a lemon on the fish as it cooks to give it that steam infused lemon and serve it on top of the sauteed veges.

Oh you meant the aquariuam fish...I uh...when I talk on the phone and stare at them.

3. hssea

hssea Well Known Member Member

I sit in my recliner and the tank is within arms reach to my left. My neck does get stiff looking to the left all the time. But there was no where else to put the tank. Other times I kneel down in front of the tank and get sore knees !!!! hahahaha

4. aquatic

aquatic Valued Member Member

Mine are in the man cave with me. I watch them either laying on the floor, small stool, or on HHD couch, all depends which tank I'm viewing.

5. Matt B

Matt B Well Known Member Member

I have a tank in the entryway of my home I get to check out whenever I walk by for a minute or two, another one in my daughters room I look at when we're getting dressed, ready for bed, etc. Also, the seemingly perpetually inhabited qt tank is in the master bedroom, I watch them while I brush. When its time for bed, my daughter makes a circuit to check out all of them and say goodnight, really a thinly veiled attempt to stay up longer. ;)

6. Junne

Junne Fishlore Legend Member

All 3 tanks are within 25 feet of each other. My main tank is in our media room, on the side table sits my QT tank next to a window and across on the kitchen bar/counter sits the Betta tank. I like it in this room as its the room where one of my computers is and I can watch the fish while I type, or if I am cooking :)
    My son and hubby usually watch tv in the living room so this room stays quiet - just the sounds of the filter going - its relaxing!

7. OP
    OP
    Ziabis

LOL very true, but cute...

8. OP
    OP
    Ziabis

When I was younger and first started out say when I was 12 or 13, I had 4 tanks in my bedroom and I loved turning out the lights and have the tank lights on. And the sounds of
    all the gurgling water bubbles was so amazing..

9. A

AlexAlex Well Known Member Member

Two of my three fish tanks are behind where I sit and work almost every day at home, so I can enjoy them throughout the work day. The Other fish tank is in the living room beside the sofa, so when I watch TV I can view them at any time.

Thankfully, my biggest tank (75 Gallons) is in my Office where I sit during the day hours at my PC (work, etc). I often wonder as well (as another member wondered, too) if the fishes are truly enjoying where they are currently residing. I would like to think that they do.

I do like the sounds (water trickling, etc) of the fish tanks. It's tranquil and soothing.

Alex :)

10. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning,

I created my Fish Room/Man Cave a couple of years ago after joining Fish Lore. (Thanks Fish Lore!) I have 1 chair (hopefully Santa brings me a new chair this year) for me and me only. Chef has his kitchens and I have my fish room.

Most of the morning I spend with my fish. I may have the TV on but I'm actually watching the fish and listening to the TV. :)

Too, I can see the 265g tank from my bed. You have to go through the bedroom to get to the fish room.

Ken

11. JDcichlidlover

JDcichlidlover Well Known Member Member

My one and only, until my hubby can't hold my mts undercheck any longer lol, tank is right beside the tv in the living room. That way when I get bored of whatever is on tv ill just watch my buddies, and he's none the wiser! :D

12. OP
    OP
    Ziabis

I certainly would love to see pics of all your tank everyone?

13. Eienna

Eienna Fishlore VIP Member

My 50 is in the living room...I like to lie on the couch and watch them with some soothing music and the lights off. I don't watch the 29 much...it's in an awkward spot at the moment.

14. JDcichlidlover

JDcichlidlover Well Known Member Member

15. Terra

Terra Well Known Member Member

My 20g and 10g are on a dual-tank stand in the living room near the TV. The loveseat faces them directly just across the room and the couch gets a nice side view of both. Anyone coming into the house will see the tanks before anything else. I hate to admit I just bought my first "good" tv this week (42 inch lcd smart hdtv jobby and all) and I'm still watching the fish more, lol.

My 5g is on my desk right beside my monitor so I get to watch Grumpy begging for food, stalking snails, and blowing bubbles for me all day :) I think he sees all the fish in pics on this forum, that's why he blows a bubble nest every day. I often lay my head on my arms on the desk and just watch him... I'm blaming him for the perma-kink in my neck all week.

16. Tigress Hill

Tigress Hill Well Known Member Member

I place my tanks in strategic locations to ensure maximum viewing time. When I'm doing homework at my desk, I can just swivel my chair around to see Draco (the betta in my avatar;)) Falling asleep, I glance over at the neon tank. Eating in the kitchen, I position myself to Miss Martian the goldfish; I feel guilty and heat up a pea or two at that point:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice