Question How do you clean airstones

oscarsbud

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I use a wire brush that I keep just for fish-related cleanups. A really stiff toothbrush might work also. Or if I'm lazy and it is just the little round ones I get a new one. I usually have at least a couple of packages of them around.

grfresconero

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I use a wire brush that I keep just for fish-related cleanups. A really stiff toothbrush might work also. Or if I'm lazy and it is just the little round ones I get a new one. I usually have at least a couple of packages of them around.
Ok i will try the tooth brush but won`t the wire brush grind them till they break? otherwise i`ll just get new ones. Thank`s.

Matt B

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
For mine I just use my hand to brush off the debris and then lift it out of the water with the air still going, when I resubmerge it the bubbles are back. If its really bad I've placed them in a cup of hot water and attached a long piece of airline tubing and use my mouth to draw the water in and out of the airstone.

Also, as stated above, just getting a new one almost always works.

oscarsbud

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
For mine I just use my hand to brush off the debris and then lift it out of the water with the air still going, when I resubmerge it the bubbles are back. If its really bad I've placed them in a cup of hot water and attached a long piece of airline tubing and use my mouth to draw the water in and out of the airstone.
Sure, do it the easy way . I just don't like touching them with my bare hands, hence the brushes.

grfresconero

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year

Also, as stated above, just getting a new one almost always works.
Intersting about the hot water but the other yeach not me thank`s.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom