how do u get beutiful tanks?????

1. atmmachine816

atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

Ratings:
    +2
    i c pics and tanks of beutiful tanks full of green plants and rocks but i dont know how you would even clean it and all the fish wastes anybody wana help me on this i would greatly appriciate it b/c i would realy like a tank like that.

2. Gunnie

Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Tanks with live plants can be really easy, or they can be really difficult. I choose the easy route, and you should too in the beginning. Here's a really great article to get you started:

http://www.plantgeek.net/article_viewer.php?id=17

Start with the low light plants that are easy to find, and go from there. You vacuum your gravel about 2 inches away from the base of your plant unless you have a heavily planted tank. Some folks don't vacuum the gravel and just hold the hose a few inches above the gravel to pick up anything laying on top.

3. OP
    OP
    atmmachine816

Ratings:
    +2
    if you have a realy heavly planted tank do u even vacum b/c i c tanks thats theres no place to vacuum

4. Gunnie

Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Some folks do not vacuum their gravel at all, they just do water changes.

5. newbie101

newbie101 Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yup and let their friendly neighborhood gravel dwelling bacteria take care of it

6. OP
    OP
    atmmachine816

Ratings:
    +2
    im startign to plant my tank today i got a some sort of crpt plant cant remeber the proper name but i gave it a water and bleach bath to get rid of snails hope it works hope to get some more plants hopefully brown wedtii and java moss if u hav a suggestions leme know 30 gallon tank low light 78-80 F