how do u get beutiful tanks?????

1. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

i c pics and tanks of beutiful tanks full of green plants and rocks but i dont know how you would even clean it and all the fish wastes anybody wana help me on this i would greatly appriciate it b/c i would realy like a tank like that.

2. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Tanks with live plants can be really easy, or they can be really difficult. I choose the easy route, and you should too in the beginning. Here's a really great article to get you started:

http://www.plantgeek.net/article_viewer.php?id=17

Start with the low light plants that are easy to find, and go from there. You vacuum your gravel about 2 inches away from the base of your plant unless you have a heavily planted tank. Some folks don't vacuum the gravel and just hold the hose a few inches above the gravel to pick up anything laying on top.

3. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

if you have a realy heavly planted tank do u even vacum b/c i c tanks thats theres no place to vacuum

4. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Some folks do not vacuum their gravel at all, they just do water changes.

5. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

yup and let their friendly neighborhood gravel dwelling bacteria take care of it

6. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

im startign to plant my tank today i got a some sort of crpt plant cant remeber the proper name but i gave it a water and bleach bath to get rid of snails hope it works hope to get some more plants hopefully brown wedtii and java moss if u hav a suggestions leme know 30 gallon tank low light 78-80 F