How do shrimp spawn? Will they all mix up with each other?

Tallen78

Morning FL I have a 10g tank that I set up with shrimp.I purchased 9 in total blue,red and orange.I’m noticing a few new guys in here little red ones. how do shrimp spawn?will they all mix up with each other?will I start to see babies with the other colors?how many do they have at a time and is there anything special I should be doing?

EdieBadedie

Upvote 0

ProudPapa

They're all just color variations of the same species, so they will breed and produce viable young. The colors may be the same as either parent, a mix of those colors, or just about anything from clear to black, especially after several generations. If you don't care about maintaining colors then that's not an issue, but if you want to keep a certain color it's best to only have that color in the tank, and remove any shrimp that don't meet your standards.

Upvote 0

Tallen78

They're all just color variations of the same species, so they will breed and produce viable young. The colors may be the same as either parent, a mix of those colors, or just about anything from clear to black, especially after several generations. If you don't care about maintaining colors then that's not an issue, but if you want to keep a certain color it's best to only have that color in the tank, and remove any shrimp that don't meet your standards.
Yes they are all the same species and No I’m not really interested in any particular color more into having them populate the tank was just wondering how it worked being they are different colors so it’s just a roll of the dice on what u get pretty much like my guppy tank

Upvote 0

richiep

It is a roll of the dice,once they start to cross no one give you a guarantee on the colour,the only exception is that they will in time turn to wild brown and that again is all down to how strong the gene is in your shrimp

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
richiep
  • Question
Replies
Views
richiep
  • Question
Replies