How do know a guppy delivery date

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by DAWNA, Jan 30, 2006.

1. D

DAWNA New Member Member

I have a pregnant guppy. I've had her and her boyfriend about a month. What signs does one look for when a fish is about to deliver? Thanks

2. j

joe Valued Member Member

if they are very fat and boxy shaped, and if they have a dark gravid spot(spot above the anal fin, its the babies eyeballs). those are a couple of signs. hope that helps. ;D

Joe

3. OP
    OP
    D

DAWNA New Member Member

I know my guppy is pregnant but was wondering what signs should I look for when she is ready to give birth since I don't know the exact date of conseption. Do they act different, hide, are they more active, do they stop eating or eat more? I don't want to put her in the nursery too soon and stress her out but I also want to save as many babies as I can. Thanks for your help. Dawna

4. j

joe Valued Member Member

the signs i gave you are when she is about to give birth. it is when she is boxy shaped and has a really dark gravid spot.

Joe

5. OP
    OP
    D

DAWNA New Member Member

OKAY. THANKS. I GUESS I'M JUST ANXIOUS

6. J

Jon Well Known Member Member

i beleive it takes 20-40 days worth of pregnancy b4 they pop so if u put them togethor 20-40 days ago u can expect fry soon

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice