How do I.... Question

Discussion in 'pH' started by Camacho, Dec 8, 2009.

1. C

Camacho Valued Member Member

how do i raise my PH level in my tank naturally? my ph dropped to 6.0 i would love to raise it back up to 7.0-7.5 is there away with out using chems? thanks:;flake

2. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

find some crushed coral seashells, limestone rocks/slate, or use some ecco complete for cichlids mixed in your gravel..

3. OP
    OP
    C

awsome and does it matter how much or how little i use? also is this something i can find at petco or petsmart? and should i clean/ rince it befor adding it to my tank?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  4. Shawnie

its all trial and error.what is the ph of your tap water? size tank? if its the 55g, id go with half of a bag of ecco complete to start off...they come in 20lb bags..heres a link to see one  

5. OP
    OP
    C

6.0 outta tap and a 55 gal and a 20 gal

6. Shawnie

ya id definitely go with the ecco complete then...it stablizes well and doesnt work too fast....i pay $20 for a 20lb bag at my LFS....

7. OP
    OP
    C

who do u use as an LFS? do u think petco or petsmart would carry eco complete

8. Shawnie

they should....if not, ask them to order you some!!

I have a few in raymond ...little critters and believe it or not, ace hardware/ben franklin LOL

9. OP
    OP
    C

thats crazy lol ace hardware

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice