Okay thank you! The directions just seemed too easy to be true so.Pauly27 said:If you have the 1.69 oz sized bottle then add the whole thing. If you have the 3.38 oz bottle add a quarter of it. Hope this helps
I changed about 35% of the water 2 days before I added the TSS+, will that effect the results? If the TSS is not effective what should I do next?jdhef said:TSS is easy to use, but must be used in an exact manner. In you case here is what you should do:
1) Perform a large water change (of even back to back water changes) to get nitrites as close to 0ppm as possible.
2) Wait 24 hours. (This is very important, adding TSS less than 24 hours after a water conditioner was used can cause the TSS to fail).
3) Add the entire, well shaken bottle of TSS to the tank. (Don't worry if your bottle will treat a larger tank...you can't overdose)
4) Do nothing but feed your fish for the next 14 days (no water changes, no adding chemical...nothing)
5) On day 14 test and if all worked properly, you've got a fully cycled tank.
Best of luck!
that's what I was told that it may be 1 ppm but my test bottle goes up to 20 for the nitrites. I have the Imaginarium Water Test Strips I want to invest in a master test kit but I don't have the funds currently.DarkOne said:Um... your fish would be dead at 15ppm nitrites.
I honestly think I got the cheapest Test Strips so they may be faulty.aquatickeeper said:
So it is day 14 and my levels are starting to look good. My nitrites are completely gone and my nitrates are going down now. You mentioned doing a water change on day 14 should I do a regular 25% water change?aquatickeeper said:
They are good. They hang out by the filter every once in a while but other than that they are acting normal and eating just fine.DarkOne said:I don't think your nitrates would go down as it takes months to grow bacteria that converts nitrates (unless you have plants).
How are the fish?
25% w/c is good. You should be doing w/c's weekly.
I tried looking at my local pet store for these and couldn't fine them. Would an air-stone hold beneficial bacteria?Islandvic said:Add a sponge filter driven by an air pump for your 10g.
It will give your bacteria a place to colonize. You won't loose your cycle when you toss the cartridge in your filter that way.
HikarI Bacto-Surge and ATI Hydro Sponges are excellent.
I use ATI's, never had a problem with them so far