How do i use smilies, change colour, make writing bold etc. in posts?

Gwenz

On the old forum we had loads of new smilies? are these going to be re-added? if they already have, how do I use them? + How do I make the writing bold, or change its colour etc in the posts?

We used to be able to make the wring move, put glowing colour around it, change the colour, change the size of font - how do I do all these now?

also how do I add a link or something now? I used to copy and paste it in, then highlight it and click the url button? How does it work now? what do I do?

thanks

Gwenz

(p.s - sorry if you haven't quite sorted this yet mike, I'm sure you have a lot to do. I was just wondering. thanks)

Butterfly

Scroll down to the bottom , See where it says posting rules? under that it tells you what is turned on, click on smileys and there they are
as for the other stuff I haven't figured it out yet either
well it didn't work did it ?

Gwenz

Thanks I see them now when I click on "Smilies". But the smilies still come out as the codes in the posts. Any ideas why? + Is there a way to get them above where we write as they were before?

thanks

Gwenz

Butterfly

Nope no idea :0
carol

MrWaxhead

My settings, edit options, go to the bottom and change Miscellaneous Options / Message Editor Interface to Enhanced interface - Full WYSIWYG editing. Then you have option for everything you will ever need.

Butterfly

THX
Carol

Butterfly

I have smileys now Whoopie!
Carol

sirdarksol

I would like to add that "ctrl" commands that can be used in Microsoft Word often work in vBulletin. For example, if you hit ctrl-b, you'll create a set of "bold" tags. If you want to make something bold after the fact, you can highlight stuff and then use the quick commands to do it.
That was something that always bugged me about the old forum. If you hit "ctrl-b", you'd end up pulling up a different screen.

MrWaxhead

Yes this is a much more powerful and user friendly system as you get to know it.

Mike

Thanks for these tips - didn't know about them.

Thanks,
Mike

Gwenz

thanks!

Gwenz

Top Bottom