How Do I Use My New Filter?

Carminbetta

Reaction score
So I have my betta in a 10 gal but the hang on the back filter I'm using is a little strong so I bought a corner filter with an air pump that has pretty adjustable flow. Now, I don't know what to do when replacing the filter. My tank is fully cycled, will that be ruined when I remove the old filter and put the new one in? How should I do it?

Skye_marilyn

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Carminbetta said:
So I have my betta in a 10 gal but the hang on the back filter I'm using is a little strong so I bought a corner filter with an air pump that has pretty adjustable flow. Now, I don't know what to do when replacing the filter. My tank is fully cycled, will that be ruined when I remove the old filter and put the new one in? How should I do it?
There isn’t really a way other than to just run both at the same time for a while. Eventually if you want to take the filter out you’ll have to deal with some fluctuations. You may want consider getting a corner fit airdriven filter that’s empty in the middle so you can transfer the media from your HOB to the air driven filter to have in addition to the sponge.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom