How Do I Treat Ich In A Tank With Shrimp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monicakeks

Reaction score
Will raising the temps in the tank kill my ghost shrimp?

I'm not 100% taking them out is a option, just because i really don't think i'd be able to find all of them without pulling up all my plants.

Swizzy Iggs

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Shrimp tend to be very fragile. I would suggest taking your fish out of the tank rather than your shrimp! There aren't really any ich treatments safe for inverts... supposedly, garlic and melafix are "invert-safe" solutions, but there is controversy over the effectiveness of these products. Also, the main tank wouldn't have to be medicated or the filter tampered with!

Zentuckyfriedchicken

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Shrimp tend to be very fragile. I would suggest taking your fish out of the tank rather than your shrimp! There aren't really any ich treatments safe for inverts... supposedly, garlic and melafix are "invert-safe" solutions, but there is controversy over the effectiveness of these products. Also, the main tank wouldn't have to be medicated or the filter tampered with!
True, but if the shrimp have ich they are screwed anyway. If op doesn’t have qt tank, just remove the inverts and put them in a Tupperware floating in main tank, and dose the tank.

OP
Monicakeks

Monicakeks

Reaction score
I went ahead and took the shrimp out and started increasing the temps in the tank, is adding medication necessary?

I've neverhad ich and I'm not 100% sure if they even have it. I just saw a couple of white dots on one of the new fish and assumed. Is it possible it could have been a grain of sand stuck to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom