How do I tell the sex of glofish and how to identify if one is pregnant

Plecolover4477

whats up fishlore, I guess my post title says it all.Ive recently noticed one of my glofish(red starfire)is looking more plump than normal,and honestly I don't even know of the six glofish which is male or female.Ive read about something somewhere on glofish that the stripes or lines across their bodies can determine their sex.If anyone has any suggestions or info ill be glad to hear.I don't overfeed or underfeed them and I observe them regularly and I don't see any signs of disease.

Plecolover4477

Well, it depends on the species. Do you have danios? Tetras? Sharks? Barbs?
Their all tetras....

Upvote 0

Plecolover4477

tetras

Attachments

• 20201107_182643.jpg
    20201107_182643.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 38
Upvote 0

DrogJustDrog

According to the resources I found on this site, the females will be a bit bigger than the males, and the male may have a larger analfin. Since I assume the glofish tetras were made using black skirt tetras.

Upvote 0

Plecolover4477

According to the resources I found on this site, the females will be a bit bigger than the males, and the male may have a larger analfin. Since I assume the glofish tetras were made using black skirt tetras.
oh wow...among the 6 there is a red tetra which has been in the tank a bit longer which is the one who looks very plump and is much bigger than the newer red tetra I recently bought.I will try to include pictures and thankyou for the info.

Upvote 0

Plecolover4477

These are the two..the one on top who has been in the tank the longest is the one who seems a lot different and plumper.Whereas the one on the bottom is the one I recently purchased.Im not sure, but I observe these fish alot and as I said in person I can see a difference.These fish are very active and I check and maintain my water parameters frequently.

Attachments

• 20201107_182529.jpg
    20201107_182529.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 29
Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
DoubleDutch
Replies
Views
eliza4fish