How Do I Stop Receiving Emails From Fishlore?

1. ~EverythingsSoSawbwa~

~EverythingsSoSawbwa~ Valued Member Member

I want to turn off email notifications from Fishlore but I cant find an option to do this in my Account settings. Can anyone tell me how to turn all email notifications off?

I can see at the bottom of the "Create a Thread" page it says "and receive email notifications", but I still have quite a few other threads that I have followed and am always getting notifications from.

Thanks

2. KinsKicks

KinsKicks Fishlore VIP Member

Haha ya, it get crazy after awhile huh. Anywho, go to preferences under your profile and uncheck all the boxes with email notifications; remember to save and your good to go :)

3. OP
    OP
    ~EverythingsSoSawbwa~

Haha, I just went through my email and deleted at least 50, probably getting close to 100 emails. Starting to use up a lot of storage space on my tablet.

Thanks for your help. :)

4. OP
    OP
    ~EverythingsSoSawbwa~

Hey @KinsKicks , I am still getting emails from the forum. I unchecked the boxes with email notifications and definitely pressed saved. Anything else I can do? Thanks

5. KinsKicks

Are they still thread notifications? This had happened to me too, but in smaller quantities. after enough times of clearing my cache, they did stop :/. Hmmm

6. OP
    OP
    ~EverythingsSoSawbwa~

Yes, they are thread notifications. I dont know how to clear cache. I have an android tablet so I've only ever done it on an iPad before.o_O

7. KinsKicks

Oh darn! Idk about androids :(.

OH wait. Go to contact details and scroll down to "Receive email when a new conversation message is received". Uncheck that one :) See if that stops the emails.

8. OP
    OP
    ~EverythingsSoSawbwa~

Thank you, but I already have that turned off :)

9. KinsKicks

Oh darn it...hmmm...I'm not sure; I have the same settings as you and I don't get the emails, I could be missing something; I'll keep digging around

Maybe a moderator would be so kind as to assisting as well. :p

10. OP
    OP
    ~EverythingsSoSawbwa~

Ok, thanks for your help. :D

11. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

12. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Hi, all I can suggest if you've unchecked the box in preferences is to clear your cache & cookies as suggested above.
    If you're not sure how to Mike posted this when the forum upgraded
    Forum Upgraded

13. OP
    OP
    ~EverythingsSoSawbwa~

I'm using the "Internet" app on my tablet. Maybe I will just have to use Chrome instead and clear the cache on that. Thanks

14. shiv234

shiv234 Well Known Member Member

dude i have over 200 emails from fishlore...