how do i see my albino bristlenose pleco laying eggs again?

1. David007c Initiate Member

I saw their eggs a month and half ago since then, they stopped laying eggs. i think i currently have 2 or 3 female and 1 male. should i buy one more male to see their breeding more active?

2. bizaliz3 Fishlore VIP Member

How were you able to see their eggs? They are typically laid very deep in a cave of some kind. Did you lift things up in order to see these eggs?

What size is your tank? you already have 4 bn plecos in there, that must be a MESS! Unless your tank is very very large, I would not add yet another bn pleco to the mix.

3. David007c Initiate Member

there are 2fully grown female and male and the other two are not fully grown(i am just assuming they are female). i have two 30gallon tanks and 1 10gallon tanks. i have those plecos in 10gallon tank. i vacuum almost everyday.

4. Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

You have 4 plecos in a 10gal? Can we see a pic pls?

5. bizaliz3 Fishlore VIP Member

Just so I understand this correctly, you are saying the not fully grown ones are the only ones in the 10 gallon right? And the fully grown ones are where? Both in one 30 gallon? or one in each?

And again, how did you see the eggs?

6. aliray Fishlore VIP Member

Welcome to the forum and did you get any babies from those eggs? Alison:;hi2

7. David007c Initiate Member

I will try soon

8. Plecomaker Well Known Member Member

Simply no, males steal each others eggs for competition, especially in small quarters.
    adding more males leads to Less eggs, not more.

9. David007c Initiate Member

two not fully grown and both adults are in the same 10gallon tank. And for how I saw the egg part, I turned on the light and moved the cave close to the light bulb. That's how I saw the eggs.

10. Plecomaker Well Known Member Member

Yikes, thats way to small!

11. Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

How do you have 2 full grown plecos in a 10gal?

12. David007c Initiate Member

Thank you for your warm welcome and I have the babies in the hatch container and they are very active and well.

13. Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

Yea it is

14. David007c Initiate Member

they were orinally in my 30gallon tank for breeding purpose and it didn't work out so well. so I left those two alone in 10gal and this time they did breed and I saw the eggs

15. Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

Can we see a pic? I wonder how it looks

16. David007c Initiate Member

okay I will bring those two adults back to 30gallon tank.

17. Plecomaker Well Known Member Member

For reference i breed these guys for local store and use a 55 gallon. 29 is the minimum for a healthy bn. They produce enough ammonia that they really need a bigger space and also babies have more opportunity for algae in bigger tanks. Dont worry, theyll still breed.
    males fight like cichlids when theyre too close, so adding more males often causes more problems.

males will also steal and eat eggs that do not belong to them.

18. aliray Fishlore VIP Member

They happen to be my all time favorite fish. I have 3, one ABN male, one L144 female blue eyed lemon BN, and one female blue eyed yellow ancistrus female BN. No Babies allowed in this house. My male is in one tank and the girls are in another. I love the yellow ones. Alison:;hi1

19. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

5 females here. My male is in Alison's tank hahahaha.

20. aliray Fishlore VIP Member

He is hoping for an overseas visit. :rolleyes: Alison