How do I make garlic juice?

Scanlon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi all,

I have been advised by fishlorians that I should give my fish garlic juice. I haven't been able to get any from my LFS so I have brought some freashwater garlic, garlic granuals and some garlic purée. Could someone please advise me on how to make garlic juice out of any of the above?

The purée doesn't seem to have "juice" and also contains spirit vinegar, salt, sunflower oil, sugar and rice starch.

Any advice would be a great help

Thanks
Paul

Last edited:

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Which ever you decide to use, just make sure the garlic is in water and not oil based. I can't say for certain but I would think you could add some water to the garlic puree and soak the food in that, or just add a drop or two onto the food so it isn't completely mushy.
I'm sure you'll get some more responses. Too, it's not going to hurt if you happen to actually get some garlic chunks in the tank. Chances are they'll be eaten too.

Ken
(Lucy, teehee)

chrisb01

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I buy the Minced Garlic from the market, it comes with juice in it already.

With a spoon, scoop out some of the juice and some chunks of the minced garlic.
Mash the chunks of garlic real good, mix the garlic juice and mashed garlic with flakes, work it to a paste, and feed it.

Don't worry, you cannot overdose on garlic.

I have been doing this two or three times a week for a couple of years now. Garlic improves the fish immune system, improves appetite, prevents parasite and helps get rid of parasites. It also works as a color enhancer. You can also add Paprika to it, for really good coloring up of fish.

If you really want to go the easy way, get Ken's Fish: KENS PREMIUM SPIRULINA + FLAKE WITH GARLIC & PAPRIKA.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Chris,

I haven't heard of using Paprika before. Thanks for the tip! Any particular amount? Just a sprinkle?

Ken

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes, you can make it yourself. Follow the directions in this link under Benefits of Garlic:

Garlic is a good immune system booster and can also be used as a food enhancer for those picky eaters . I recommend it and use Garlic Guard once a week for all of my fish. Hopefully it will help aid in the healing of your fish. Too, keep the water as pristine as possible. If the fish is being picked on by others, quarantine may be a good idea until the fish has time to heal.

Ken

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom