How do I know what size sponge filter to get??

BBetta

I have two tanks, one a 5.5 and the other a 10 gal for each of my betta's. I already have AquariumCo-op's size small sponge filter in my 5.5 gallon, but I have a hang on the back filter for my 10 gal. I am looking to move over to sponge filters in both tanks, but it always feels like my fish in the 5.5 gal is stressed out. When I bought the sponge filter I didn't really think that the size of the sponge part mattered, but does it? Should I get a smaller one (the nano size) for me 5.5 and a small (size) for my 10 gallon? (Also I will be getting air stones as I have herd this helps to keep the flow to a minimum.)

Thanks so much for the help guys!!

EdieBadedie

Most are rated for a certain gallon, but if you are worried about the flow you can also get a control valve which should help stop it. I don't think it matters a ton unless you are getting a nano sized one and putting it in a 30 gallon or something.

BBetta

EdieBadedie said:
Most are rated for a certain gallon, but if you are worried about the flow you can also get a control valve which should help stop it. I don't think it matters a ton unless you are getting a nano sized one and putting it in a 30 gallon or something.
Ok thank you so much!

Top Bottom