How Do I Know Prazi Pro Is Working?

Z123Killer

I bought some PrazI Pro because my fish were pooping white which I heard is a sign of internal parasites. It has been 3 days since I dosed the PrazI Pro and I don't see any changes. How would I know that the PrazI Pro is working?

tunafax

PrazI is used mostly for external parasites, so my guess is that you won't know it's working because it won't be working at all.

Z123Killer

PrazI is used mostly for external parasites, so my guess is that you won't know it's working because it won't be working at all.
Everyone recommended it when I told them that my fish are getting white poop

KimberlyG

Well, we have seen varied results here. For internal parasites you really want to treat them internally. I medicated food using the video I have linked. Of course I didn't need three ounces of medicated food so I only used a one ounce jar and the dose of API General Cure for that is 1/8 of a teaspoon. (Fortunately I have a 1/8 teaspoon on my measuring spoons. I came to this ammount by measuring out the packet of General Cure and adjusting to 1/3) Adjust all other ingredients as well. I found that with the fish I had, small pellets worked best so I used betta pellets. Good luck.

Z123Killer

Well, we have seen varied results here. For internal parasites you really want to treat them internally. I medicated food using the video I have linked. Of course I didn't need three ounces of medicated food so I only used a one ounce jar and the dose of API General Cure for that is 1/8 of a teaspoon. (Fortunately I have a 1/8 teaspoon on my measuring spoons. I came to this ammount by measuring out the packet of General Cure and adjusting to 1/3) Adjust all other ingredients as well. I found that with the fish I had, small pellets worked best so I used betta pellets. Good luck.
Thanks for the video, I found a trial size package of betta pellets from Aqueon (It doesn't state how many ounces so how would I measure it?), I also don't have garlic powder (But I do have garlic, can I make something out of garlic?) and for the salt I have regular Morton iodized salt, would that work?

KimberlyG

Thanks for the video, I found a trial size package of betta pellets from Aqueon (It doesn't state how many ounces so how would I measure it?), I also don't have garlic powder (But I do have garlic, can I make something out of garlic?) and for the salt I have regular Morton iodized salt, would that work?
NO...no iodized salt. Fresh garlic juice would be even better! (Skip the salt)

clk89

Was the poop white and long (stringy) or just white? I have always been successful with treating internal parasites with prazI pro, you know it works when poop turns back to normal.

Z123Killer

Was the poop white and long (stringy) or just white? I have always been successful with treating internal parasites with prazI pro, you know it works when poop turns back to normal.
This is an example I found on Google:

Same size and thickness as the picture...

How long does it take for the poop to turn back to normal?

clk89

This is an example I found on Google:

Same size and thickness as the picture...

How long does it take for the poop to turn back to normal?

I forget the exact directions on the bottle so I don't know how long a full round is but I usually only had to do one or two full rounds of it for the poop to go normal.

Z123Killer

I forget the exact directions on the bottle so I don't know how long a full round is but I usually only had to do one or two full rounds of it for the poop to go normal.
Oh ok, so should I wait a bit more to see if there is any improvement because it has only been 3 days and a full dose is 5-7 days or should I start medicating food right now?

clk89

Oh ok, so should I wait a bit more to see if there is any improvement because it has only been 3 days and a full dose is 5-7 days or should I start medicating food right now?

I would at least wait for the full round. Also you don't have carbon in your filter right?

Z123Killer

I would at least wait for the full round. Also you don't have carbon in your filter right?
No, just some foam pads and matrix

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Kaleidoscope_Eyes83
Replies
Views
moviefish
Replies
Views
Sage Exotics
Replies