how do i know if my shrimp are getting enough food?

Gwenz
I know that they eat the food that fall to the bottom when the fish miss them, but at the moment I don't have any fish in there. Should I be putting amybe a few flakes or something in every now and again just to make sure they have enough to eat?

Gwenz

armadillo
i'd leave hte food in a bowl on the substrate. That way, you don't pollute your entire tank, and you get a pretty good idea about how much is gone.

COBettaCouple
yea, it's hard to tell how much they eat to a point but ours get enough to eat even though they're in the platy tank.

Tazmiche
Mine catch the flakes as they fall, jump or swim to catch them!

BTW did you say you want tiger barbs? there is an article on them in October PKF magazine. Just thought i'd say.

COBettaCouple
Mine catch the flakes as they fall, jump or swim to catch them!

could you teach ours how to do that?

Tazmiche
hehe, they are so funny. The other day the cucumber came out of the clip and was floating with an upside down shrimp on it!!

Gwenz
lol! ok thanks everyone! I'm a bit worried that I only have 4 left. I never see 5, but from time to time I see just 4. :-\

Gwenz

sirdarksol
Don't be too worried about it. If you've got anything resembling hiding spaces, they could just be out of sight. I've thought for the last month that I had no shrimp left, and I just saw one last week.
As far as feeding them, I'd just drop a few flakes in every day. Be sure to watch your numbers, of course.

armadillo
I see mine only when I move the decoration, if I am lucky enough to have lifted one they were hiding in. Thijs', however, are always in full view. Go figure? All am saying is I definitely wouldn't assume that something's happened to it.

COBettaCouple
lol! ok thanks everyone! I'm a bit worried that I only have 4 left. I never see 5, but from time to time I see just 4. :-\
Gwenz

lol, that's pretty good.. we only see ours when I clean the tank and take all the stuff out.

Gwenz
lol! ok thanks! 4 of them were just, on the glass or on the front of the tank right now and I got some good pics! they're so fun to watch as well! I will post the pics in the photo sectoion!

Gwenz

COBettaCouple
cool.. welsh shrimp! can't wait!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Ed1957
  • Question
Replies
Views
Noroomforshoe
  • Question