How Do I Increase Oxygen In My Tank?

Laxin10

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
More surface movement=more oxygenated water

What size tank and what filtration/pumps do you have?

Dave125g

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Plants, which goldfish will most likely eat. Airstones, better yet a bubble screen across the entire back wall will help with surface agitation. It sounds like you have a sponge filter, but if you also have an HOB ,lowering the water level will help to increase surface agitation as well.

TinySwimmer

Valued Member
Reaction score
Plants, which goldfish will most likely eat. Airstones, better yet a bubble screen across the entire back wall will help with surface agitation. It sounds like you have a sponge filter, but if you also have an HOB ,lowering the water level will help to increase surface agitation as well.
What’s an HOB? And I do have a sponge filter! How did you know???
A bubble wall would be so nice! I’ll look for one of those, I wonder if I’d find one that’s the exact same size of my tank?

Comet-Aurum

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
On amazon for $9 there is a Luffy coco mini moss that gives out oxegen it’s a live plant it gives a natural look when it grows it looks like a puff ball u can get it to look like a stick if you wanted to and it lasts a long time.

Dave125g

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What’s an HOB? And I do have a sponge filter! How did you know???
A bubble wall would be so nice! I’ll look for one of those, I wonder if I’d find one that’s the exact same size of my tank?
HOB stands for hang on back. Walmart sells bubble screens. You can cut them to fit the whole length of your tank. I made 1, 4 foot long to fit my old 75 gallon.
Your original post stated the bubbles coming out of the filter, that can really only be a sponge filter.
1020161930.jpeg
Here's a picture of what the bubble screen I got at Walmart looks like.

TinySwimmer

Valued Member
Reaction score
HOB stands for hang on back. Walmart sells bubble screens. You can cut them to fit the whole length of your tank. I made 1, 4 foot long to fit my old 75 gallon.
Your original post stated the bubbles coming out of the filter, that can really only be a sponge filter.View attachment 408154 Here's a picture of what the bubble screen I got at Walmart looks like.
Awesome, that looks sooooo nice!
Okay cool thank you!

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Can you take a photo of the stips against the 'table thing' (got colours with numbers next to it)... we could help you there.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom