How Do I Help Them (horrible Fungal Disease!!)

rae650

Valued Member
Reaction score
Since last Thursday I've lost 4 licorice gourami to a horrible fungal disease. After the first passed away I lowered my ph from 6.4 to 6 (as low as I can for now without getting r.o or rain water which I will be),). I also started treating the infection with an API treatment called primafix if I remember right.
This morning I lost another, a male who had just started to colour up and was looking gorgeous.
I haven't seen them eating the live and frozen foods I've been offering them, I have baby brine shrimp being delivered today.

What can I do? What is this infection? I assume it's cause by stress but this male was just perking up before he got sick.

Here are some pictures of him I took this morning.

I put him in a plastic bag so he had less distance to cover to get to the surface, when they're on thier last legs they come out into the open in a desperate attempt to get air from the surface, the fungus just cover thier gills the poor things.

It's a shame, he actually seemed to be courting a female the other day, I'm down to 2 now.
20180929_090506.jpg
20180929_090450.jpg

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
This sounds terrible! And I’m sorry you’re losing fish.
What are your water parameters and what country are you in?
Also, if it’s not too late, can you get a picture without the baggie in the way? Possibly put him in a clear glass bowl?

rae650

Valued Member
Reaction score
This sounds terrible! And I’m sorry you’re losing fish.
What are your water parameters and what country are you in?
Also, if it’s not too late, can you get a picture without the baggie in the way? Possibly put him in a clear glass bowl?
Unforti lately it's too late, I can't find any survivors

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I’m so sorry!

I’d do a thorough sterilization of the tank before trying again. If you don’t have plants or invertebrates you can add aquarium salt to the water and let it run through everything for a while.
This must’ve been horrible for you.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom