How Do I Help My Betta's Fins To Grow Back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PecosBill

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
How do I help my beta's fins grow back? They have ripped quite a bit, and have a section missing. I took the little plastic plant out, leaving only small moss balls in the tank and I want them to grow back nice and quick cause this is my halfmoon tail betta I am proud of. I have a crowntail whose fins look like they are growing back, but this guy's fins seem to be have gotten a bit worse. It does appear to be a bit thicker and darker at the very end of the tail, so it doesn't look like any infection is there, and I think that may be a sign of it's healing. It's thicker and darker at the very end of the tail.

Nightshadethebetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My Betta ripped his fins a few weeks ago, I’m assuming from a decoration I had put in that was too sharp. I do 50% water changes weekly and use API Stress Coat, which helps promote tissue regrowth. His fins are almost completely back to normal now! So clean (and heated) water are very important! Hope your little guy heals up soon!

OP
PecosBill

PecosBill

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
My mom's betta fish's tail had ripped a lot, but now that he is fed frequently and his tank is being kept real clean, they are growing back, and they seem to be growing back quite fast, and the betta itself seems to be very happy.

OP
PecosBill

PecosBill

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have a halfmoontail betta and a crowntail. My halfmoon tail is my profile picture, hopefully his tail will be back to normal real soon. he lives on one corner of my desk, my other live on the other side of my desk, with a big snowglobe and a laptop inbetween them so they can't see each other, and I can see them the tanks are unheated, and don't have a light, how much are those things needed? I have had many bettas in the past in the same tanks, and they usually have lived 2-3 years, the tanks are less than a gallon, I don't know exactly how much water they hold, but they are about 5 inches tall, 71/2 inches long, and 4 inches wide.

Nightshadethebetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have a halfmoontail betta and a crowntail. My halfmoon tail is my profile picture, hopefully his tail will be back to normal real soon. he lives on one corner of my desk, my other live on the other side of my desk, with a big snowglobe and a laptop inbetween them so they can't see each other, and I can see them the tanks are unheated, and don't have a light, how much are those things needed? I have had many bettas in the past in the same tanks, and they usually have lived 2-3 years, the tanks are less than a gallon, I don't know exactly how much water they hold, but they are about 5 inches tall, 71/2 inches long, and 4 inches wide.
A heater is generally a must for Bettas, as they thrive in temperatures between about 78-80 degrees. Water that’s too chilly can make a Betta very uncomfortable. As for the light, they don’t need direct sunlight, so natural and ambient light is ideal. The minimum tank size for Bettas, or really any fish, is 2.5 gallon, which is what mine is in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom