How Do I Get Rid Of The White Film In Fluval Spec 5 Aquarium?

Beluga01

Reaction score
I have a Fluval Spec 5 gallon live planted tank with one betta and a nerite snail. I change water 50% every week and have tested water parameters and all is well, except this white film that keeps forming at the top of the water. I actually use my fish net to break up the white film so my betta can breathe when coming to the top of water. What is the white film? I have tried a simple protein skimmer and I still can't get rid of it. What is the best way of getting rid of it? Many thanks for your help.

NC122606

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Beluga01 said:
I have a Fluval Spec 5 gallon live planted tank with one betta and a nerite snail. I change water 50% every week and have tested water parameters and all is well, except this white film that keeps forming at the top of the water. I actually use my fish net to break up the white film so my betta can breathe when coming to the top of water. What is the white film? I have tried a simple protein skimmer and I still can't get rid of it. What is the best way of getting rid of it? Many thanks for your help.
Welcome! To get rid of this you could use paper towels or you could go buy an air pump to get the water moving and that will be removed when you do water changes.

OP
Beluga01

Beluga01

Reaction score
I have tried the paper towels and it really does not do much. I will try an air stone. Many Thanks!

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom