How do I get rid of a fish?

nadams234

Reaction score
My wife got a bala shark the other day. After some research and some advice form some people here, I found out that my tank will not be compatible, it is only a 29 gallon. For some reason, I am having my doubts that the store will take it back. Does anyone know of anyone in the Salt Lake City area with a large tank that can take it? I hate to see it suffer from not being in a large enough tank.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Please ask if the store will take it back. If they won't, find another fish store that will. Just don't kill the fish. Maybe you'll find someone with a large tank that will take it. Maybe post an ad in your local newspaper. Try a few things.

nadams234

Reaction score
I will ask around. I am sure I can find something. I do not want to kill it. Won't do that. Not even interested in selling it off, I will give it away to get it in a tank that will be compatible.

By the way, how do you post the list of your tank and fish at the bottom like I see most people do? Do you all type it in, or is there another way to automatically add it to every post?

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
nadams234 said:
By the way, how do you post the list of your tank and fish at the bottom like I see most people do?  Do you all type it in, or is there another way to automatically add it to every post?
If you click on Profile at the top of the screen your profile will come up. Then on the Left hand side of the screen there is a list of things. Click on Forum Profile Information. And then you'll be able to change/choose a picture, add your Birthdate, etc. At the bottom where it says signature type in the list of what is in your tank, then it will come up automaticaly every time you make a post.

Hope this helps.

Gwenz

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Where are you located? Maybe someone here can help you out!

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Nadams, that's good to hear

nadams234

Reaction score
I live in Salt Lake City, Utah. I have that Bala shark that needs to go into a larger tank. It is just about 1.5 inches now.

Boxermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Did you try calling all of the pet and fish stores first? Someone will usually take it.

nadams234

Reaction score
The bala shark has been returned to the store where we got it.

Boxermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Great news!

btate617

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A store may not buy the fish back, but as long as it is healthy they will almost always take it back for free. If you are just trying to get rid of something that is always an option.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom