How do i get out of 'overwrite' mode and back into insert mode ?

jake37

For some reason i keep getting into overwrite mode. That is when i edit text in a post it overwrites existing text instead of inserting new text...

StarGirl

No idea I always hit the insert button instead of my backspace. Following for the answer.

jake37

Ok the insert button toggles it. I'm not hitting the insert key but at least i know how to get out of it now.

Thanks.
StarGirl said:
No idea I always hit the insert button instead of my backspace. Following for the answer.

Nickguy5467

i had this issue as well . pressing insert should set the cursor back to normal

StarGirl

Yeah it just deletes the old stuff as you type more....I was like what the heck is going on? I had a similar post about a year ago....lol

Nickguy5467

StarGirl said:
Yeah it just deletes the old stuff as you type more....I was like what the heck is going on? I had a similar post about a year ago....lol
yeah i mean pressing insert again. did you fix it?

edit: i didnt see jake's latest post before this

StarGirl

Nickguy5467 said:
yeah i mean pressing insert again. did you fix it?
Yeah it brings up that blue cursor and deletes over what is written. I couldn't fix anything and it was driving me mad.....lol

Nickguy5467

StarGirl said:
Yeah it brings up that blue cursor and deletes over what is written. I couldn't fix anything and it was driving me mad.....lol
yeah happened to me a few weeks ago. got some help from my old facebook group buddy, but now we know. so thats good

StarGirl

My insert button on my keyboard is right next to my backspace button. I have no idea if it is like that on every keyboard or not. It gets me all the time.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom