How Do I Fix This?

Why me

Valued Member
Reaction score
My severum was being a bully to my oscars. So I put a barrier up. I partially removed the barrier once they were of similar size So there’s basically a wall with an entrance but now he won’t leave. Just wants to stay in his area. How do I fix this without serious fights like before?

Tenshen

Reaction score
He may just have claimed the one area/side of the aquarium. When I kept African cichlids, the only way to “reset” territory was to rescape the tank (and even then they would hash it out again for a bit) or to overstock the tank, in my experience.

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You succeeded in stopping the bully problem. You just have a kid that won't leave the room. I would leave it be and let the severum and Oscar figure it out. Or you can change the entire landscape but that might open doors to aggression.

Why me

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have two oscars. Two silver dollars ( rescued from my neighbor. Basically dead when I got them but somehow survived). A ropefish and soon to be two dinosaur eels

The Oscars are about 3 and 4 inches. The silvers 3 The dinosaur eel 6. The rope fish a little over a foot and the severum about 4-5 with a height to match. The dinosaur eel I’m gonna put in is about 3

Been in there for about two months

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom