How Do I Fit This ?

Mux78

Hi

Quick question regarding the best way to secure lighting in a hood I am not the worlds best at DIY so there may be an easy way to do this but so far it eludes me.

I don't want to run without a hood if possible so if anyone can offer advice on how best to fit the light I have into this hood it would be appreciated.

I have attached photos of the hood and light, the center bit of the raised center section is a pop off cover

The legs of the lights do come off easily so can be fitted without them

Obviously I need this to be secure so it doesn't move if lid if lifted open as its hinged

hood 1.jpg

light 1.jpg

light 2.jpg

bettabo1

I would get heater suction cup mounts. Then cut one part of the claw off and hot glue the plastic to the light. Then you can still remove it.

Mux78

Not sure that would work due to the raised section it would obstruct the suction mounts too much but def hadn't thought of using something like that

Was wondering if I cut off the 2 raised screw mounts then used zip ties through the 2 smaller holes each side of that would that work ? Maybe add some silicone sealant to the 2 ends of the raised section just to stop it moving when opened ?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
altwitch
Replies
Views
OutsideFoodBlob
  • Question
Replies
Views
Katie993
Replies