How do I find my profile messages and pm's?

CindyJ

How do I find my profile messages and pm's?

I'm not sure I did things right but I went and edited things and enabled the public messages. I hope that was right?

But how do I find out if I have any?

My understanding is that you can't use the pm system till you have 50 posts but that you can send a profile message?

Either way I don't know how to find them if i've got one?

Thanks for any help!!

Allie

Top right hand side of the forums has your name and private messages...click there and all other details are on the next page to left.

CindyJ

About me, stats and friends is all I get though.

Allie

About me, stats and friends is all I get though.
No pm part...maybe you do need 50 posts or something.
Here what it says for me

Welcome, .
You last visited: Yesterday at 04:05 PM : Unread 0, Total 12.

Lucy

I just tried to look at your profile. It's not enabled or something. I was gonna leave you a message. lol

Edit: Try this, under my settings on the top left, go to edit options scroll down to allow visitor messages.

CindyJ

Allie i'm also gonna check out one of those links to a club that's in champaign though. But it has members in springfield. I hope that'll work out too!!

Thanks

Lucy

Ooops, I editted my message while you were posting.
See if that helps

Allie

Allie i'm also gonna check out one of those links to a club that's in champaign though. But it has members in springfield. I hope that'll work out too!!

Thanks
Good luck.

CindyJ

See I don't see that at all Allie. It just shows when I last visited.

CindyJ

Thanks Lucy! I'll try again in a few min. I gotta go clean a litter box!! Yuck!!

CindyJ

I went ahead and changed (enabled) it again! Try sending me one now.

No i'm gonna go do the litter box.

I'll be right back. And Maybe then I can also do about 4 more messages to get to 50 posts.

Thanks

Cindy

Allie

It doesn't even say that we can pm you...there is nowhere to go, lol.

CindyJ

I'm back! I have 3 persian cats and a dog that all use a litter box!! So there's always one that needs cleaning!

This post 47

mathas

It doesn't even say that we can pm you...there is nowhere to go, lol.
I think the "no private messages before 50 posts" thing applies to receiving as well as sending.

Cindy, your profile still doesn't allow visitor messages. When you edited your options and enabled visitor messaging, you did scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the "Save Changes" button, right? If not, you'll need to do that.

Lucy

I just looked, profile messages must not be enabled yet. After you enabled it, did you save your changes?

Allie, she needs 50 posts to send or receice pm's.

Edit: lol Mathas, we posted at the same time

CindyJ

Am I enabling it the right way? I wonder?

CindyJ

I thought I saved my changes but maybe not!! I'll try again!!

Thanks

CindyJ

Ok this is post # 50 and I think I just enbled everything in the messaging & notification area!! I hope it works now!!

lol

mathas

I see the interface in your profile now to leave a message, so it looks like you've got it fixed!

CindyJ

WooHoo!! Thank you Everybody for all the help!!!

Now when I click on my Id I do see the visitor messaging even though I have no messages yet!!

Thanks again!!

CindyJ

WooHoo!! My pm's and visitor messages work!!! And I've gotten both of them!!

Doesn't take much to make me happy!!

Thanks everybody!!

Lucy

I'm glad you got it fixed.

Allie

It was a matter of getting 50 posts, cool.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ProtimAquatics
Replies
Views
BigDee
Replies
Views
Oliver T.
Replies
Views