How do I find him

sfeath

I put a ghost shrimp in my 20G to see if the corys I had in there would attack him, and he was fine, but now I can't find him. I doubt he was eaten, all the corys are too small to fit the shrimp in their mouth and they are all fed pretty well. I looked around plants last time I water changed, but is there an easier way to find the shrimp? I am not great with spotting things as I have colorblindness, so if there is a easy hack I would love to hear it

JettsPapa

About the only time I see mine is right after feeding the fish, so you might look then.

Mongo75

With the lights off at night, and a good flashlight was the only way I could see mine, lol.

TWiG87

It’s going to be tough. He’s hiding somewhere. If he is alive you’ll probably see him after a feeding possibly

KinderScout

If you've moved the shrimp the change in the water will probably trigger a moult and the shrimp will
hide until its new exoskeleton hardens. We have seven cories and 15 amanos - at feeding time the shrimp bully the cories so I don't think you'll have any problems there!

CoryBoi

Corries will not harm shrimp so he is probably somewhere in the tank still

KinderScout

If you've moved the shrimp the change in the water will probably trigger a moult and the shrimp will
hide until its new exoskeleton hardens. We have seven cories and 15 amanos - at feeding ime the shrimp bully the cories so I don't think you'll have any problems there!

sfeath

Mongo75 said:
With the lights off at night, and a good flashlight was the only way I could see mine, lol.
My friend has two and we have to use a spot light so see their eye reflections lol

FinalFins

Call its name and see if it comes running

sfeath

FinalFins said:
Call its name and see if it comes running
I haven't named him only 3 of my corys have names, they get names once they do something to earn them! mama tonI is the biggest fat one, wazowskI had a damaged cornea that he healed, and braille lost both his eyes to an infection with his original school, he was the only one that was alive when I adopted him!

ghostdawg

I was at a pet store one day looking at ghost shrimps. I could barely see them in the tank, so I decided not to buy any because I probably would suck them out during WC. Very tiny & hard to see for these old eyes!

Mongo75

ghostdawg said:
I was at a pet store one day looking at ghost shrimps. I could barely see them in the tank, so I decided not to buy any because I probably would suck them out during WC. Very tiny & hard to see for these old eyes!
I bought a baker's dozen from Petsmart a few months ago. They didn't even last 2 weeks, but I think my Angel enjoyed them, lol. I tried to be extra careful when vacuuming, but will never know. They were extremely hard to see, and were it not for their glowing eyes and my flashlight, I couldn't find them at all!

Feeders!

KinderScout

Amano shrimp are some of the strongest swimmers in our tank - they've been up and down the vac tube a few times and doesn't seen to bother them - that always swim out.

ghostdawg

KinderScout said:
Amano shrimp are some of the strongest swimmers in our tank - they've been up and down the vac tube a few times and doesn't seen to bother them - that always swim out.
Are they some hardy shrimp? Can they survive in most aquariums? Thinking about getting a few.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom