How do I feed pellets to African dwarf frogs?

suttont11

In my 10 gallon tank, I have a small school of ember tetras with 2 African dwarf frogs. To feed them blood worms? I simply use tongs and bring the food close to their faces. But for pellets, I'm kinda clueless as to how I should get those to them. I can't use the tongs to get them to them, and even when I drop them RIGHT IN FRONT of their faces, they don't seem to see them. I know they need pellets to get all the proper nutrients but I really don't know how I can get them to them. I'm using zoo med frog and tadpole pellets. Any tips?

Demeter

For my axolotl I'll drop pellets right on top of his head, if I drop them in front of him he doesn't seem to notice them. I think the feeling of food landing on his head causes him to snap and he always gets the pellets. I suggest you try the same with your frogs. You could probably even stick a pellet to the end of a pipette if it's easier.

Other than that you can try training them to feed off a saucer to get them accustomed with feeding in a certain area. Then they should figure out anything on the saucer is edible.

Upvote 0

Kjeldsen

They're quick learners. Mine have always gravitated to the edges and kind of root around, so that's where I'll put sinking pellets.
perimeter1.jpg

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
adfmama88
  • Question
Replies
Views
MasterPython
Replies
Views