AutumnGlowWaters

Tank parameters

Liquid Test Kit
ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10
Ph 6.5
20 gallon high tank
My little dwarf gourami was purchased from Petsmart. He did not eat for 20 days. I don’t know what he survived on but he sat on the bottom and ate nothing and hid. He came around and for about 2 months swam happily and ate well.
He now still is very ready to eat but no longer swims around and keeps laying on the bottom or nestles himself in the Jungle Val and stays there.
Tank mates are 6 skirt tetras 3 platies and 2 zebra Nerite snails.
All are very peaceful and there is no bullying ever between anyone. I closely monitor behaviors and there is no stress from that at all. It’s a very peaceful tank all good sweet fish.
The cycle is and has been established.

I don’t know what to do. I love my little gourami I don’t want him to die.
He’s the sweetest boy and bothers no one.

things that make him happy are
Water changes- he loves playing in the flow as I refill the tank.
He also gets excited cause I inevitably kick up some algae and he loves snacking on it as it floats around before it settles
He likes to pick at algae on the dwarf hair grass.
He loves to eat
And he really likes to be on the side of the tank that I’m sitting at. If I change sides he moves over there.
But this happiness is short lived and he goes back to laying at the bottom and never moving. Only way I can tell he is alive is his eyes move.
the tank has spiderwood, jungle Val, bacopa, Ludwigia, dwarf hair grass, and of algae for snails. As well as Sand.
Everyone else in the tank is extremely happy and always swimming everywhere. The snails are extremely active and take 2 hour naps here and there.
He has no lesions, no appearance of illness. His color has never been vibrant. He’s never been muscular and fit like I’ve seen others be. He has regular bowel movements. He’s my sweet sickly baby. Is there anyway I can help him become strong and swim happily?
Diet is a variety of Optimum Spectrum flakes, spirulina bug bite flakes, omega one tropical flakes.
if this is dwarf gourami disease what can I do??

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Manonthemoon
Replies
Views
jinjerJOSH22
  • Question
Replies
Views
Noroomforshoe