How Do I Catch Mollies In A Planted Tank?

Snailwhisperer

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have three female mollies that have had about 50 babies. One set of fry has two males. I want to move males to a male only tank to stop the population explosion. I am having difficulty catching them. My tank is 55gal and planted heavily. I saw some youtube videos on how to catch a much of fish. Any suggestions for catching a single 1" molly?

Thanks

smee82

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Feed them a little and dont try to just catch him catch any fish with him when you try and get him

ELON MOLLUSK

Valued Member
Reaction score
I also keep mollies, what kind do you have? To catch my babies I drop some sort of sinking food in a corner of the tank I can easily get to and scoop them all up and sort them in a smaller container/tank .

mattgirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Put some of their favorite food in a net. Hold it down in the tank. Allow a little at a time to come out of the net. Mollies can't resist food so they will soon come to investigate. When they do carefully scoop them up. Do it fairly slow though. You don't want them afraid of the net. You will have to just be patient until the ones you want to catch get in the net.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom