How Do I How do i care for platy fry

Devonjlamerton94

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
So one one of my platys gave birth the other night and I noticed 1 baby in the community tank but I havent a clue how to care for it. I've e got it in a tub floating at the top of the tank with a air stone in also I've crushed fish food down fine and put food in as well as adding plants in to it I also daily change watwr from the fish tank. Am I doibg it right?I dont want to loose my first baby platy

Also is it a baby platy?

Attachments

Blueberrybetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I leave my fry alone as they hide in the duckweed, ludwiga, water sprite and so on. As long as you have floating plants then they should survive fine ! You can always get a breeding box but they seem to do more harm than good by stressing the mother & fry.

emeraldking

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
There's not that much to it to get that fry raised. And yes, it's a platy indeed. Platy fry do grow up pretty fast.
Crushed flakes will do the job as well. No worries.

OP
D

Devonjlamerton94

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
How long before i can add him or her to the tank with the other? And s/he eating very well i feed her him 3 times a day

OP
D

Devonjlamerton94

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
emeraldking said:
There's not that much to it to get that fry raised. And yes, it's a platy indeed. Platy fry do grow up pretty fast.
Crushed flakes will do the job as well. No worries.

Devonjlamerton94

Aquarium Details
How long before i can add him or her to the tank with the other? And s/he eating very well i feed her him 3 times a day

emeraldking

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That depends on what kind of other fish you've got in there before it would be wise to release this fry.

New Threads