Question How do Gang Valves work?

Wh0l3

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I ordered two 2-way gang vavles by accu-air and in hopes of being able to "switch off" my DIY Co2 for my 5 gallon and my 20 gallon.

Can I do this?

I want to be able to close the vavle going to my tank and open the one that will just go into the room.

Thanks.

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes you could do that. I originally routed mine with T in it, having one end of the T with a short piece of tubing and a shut off valve on the end.

I never had an issue with too much co2 so I stopped bothering.

pepetj

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Beware that if when closed as to no CO2 going into the tank, you need to allow the gas coming out of the gas separator to go into the atmosphere. If you don't, pressure will slowly build up and you could end either with a smelly splash from the gas separator or worse yet, nasty mulm and water spread all over from the generator collapse.

Pepetj
Santo Domingo

OP
W

Wh0l3

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
pepetj said:
Beware that if when closed as to no CO2 going into the tank, you need to allow the gas coming out of the gas separator to go into the atmosphere. If you don't, pressure will slowly build up and you could end either with a smelly splash from the gas separator or worse yet, nasty mulm and water spread all over from the generator collapse.

Pepetj
Santo Domingo
yea that's what I was planning on doing. have the co2 go into the air when not in the aquarium.

New Threads