Question How do Bolivian Rams and cories mix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hey yall I was wondering how well you think a Bolivian Ram and corydoras would get along together? Would they get along with pygmy cory or dainty ones? Or do you think those would be too small and maybe the slightly larger ones would be better?

mathas

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They mix well. The only time I've ever seen the slightest bit of aggression from my rams towards my cories are when the rams are guarding eggs... and even then, it's a chase to get all other fish to leave the area, not an attempt at causing injury.

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
They mix well. The only time I've ever seen the slightest bit of aggression from my rams towards my cories are when the rams are guarding eggs... and even then, it's a chase to get all other fish to leave the area, not an attempt at causing injury.
I totally agree. My corys and bolivian rams have been very happy tankmates for almost a year.

dezdude

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have 3 corries and a ram they get along great! The first time i have ever seen aggression was when I put in my Discus the other day, I think it was trying to show its dominance and started picking at everything. It gave up after about 10 minutes and I think the corries were just laughing because the "vicious" little attacks from the ram probably felt like getting tickled to them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Weekly

Votes: 90 65.7%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 16 11.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 25 18.2%

Top Bottom