How did you celebrate Halloween?

1. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

We set at home waiting for the trick or treaters. I love to see the kids dressed up.
    Most of the kids around here go to partys instead of trick or treating though.
    Carol

2. Craig Well Known Member Member

went 2 a party myself good stuff

party animal C W

3. Janmitch22 Member Member

I worked, then I joined in a laidback Halloween party with some gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood food. I can't remember when I've eaten that well.

4. Jimold Well Known Member Member

in 2002 I worked at Busch Garden's Howl-O-Scream as a slider.  We were given heavy shin pads, knee pads, and steel toed boots.  our job was to hide in the bushes and when people passed by we ran out, dropped to our knees and slid by them at about 40 MPH screaming at the top of our lungs!!!  hehehe
    My team was legendary, and I was dubbed the slider with the paintball mask!!!
    No kidding, they pay you good to do this night after night, and if it wasn't for my full time job I'd still be doing it.
    Here's a pic of me in costume.

Oh yeah, the special effects goddess Kristeen gave me a split throat for good measure.  Nothing like a ton of blood down the front of you for that added "special" touch!   ;D

Attached Files:

5. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

HAHAHAHA Jim! LOL ;D ;D ;D I wish I could have seen the reactions of the poor folks passing by !!! By the way, great costume! The slit throat looks so real!

6. Jimold Well Known Member Member

The costumes are all made by the costume dept at Busch gardens, and Kristeen was a professional special effects make-up artist Busch Gardens hired to do make-up for a zone called Grisly gardens... She told me her last job (before HOS) was doing make-up for 3 seasons of Babylon 5 (the GREATEST Sci-Fi series ever done).
    And I could write pages of stories about the people we scared... lol! I still can't believe they pay you for having that much fun! I'd have done it for free!

7. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

LOL hehe ;D Sounds good - having lots of fun and being paid for it ... what else do you want? LOL :)

8. Jimold Well Known Member Member

The only other thing I could ask for is Halloween to last all year!!! ;D

9. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

LOL, that would be "bloody" nice haha ;D

10. BrianCB Member Member

At my house we usually dont celebrate holloween cause of religious purposes but if my neices go trick or treating I might dress as a ragedy clown.

11. armadillo Fishlore VIP Member

I don't celebrate Halloween. I find it annoying when Europeans celebrate it. We have our own traditions. It's fun for the kids but I like that there's some things that are special to America.

12. COBettaCouple Fishlore Legend Member

i believe the origins of halloween trace back to druidic rituals in dark ages england when they'd go around collecting human sacrifices. (they weren't much on candy.)

Now it's a holiday for adults to get drunk in silly costumes and children to solicit candy that parents have to check for tampering when they could go into walmart nov. 1st and buy bags of the stuff for 50% off. :;id

13. Tom Fishlore VIP Member

I was a ritual to remember those that all had passed on, and they believed that the spirits would come and visit the people. It was also the Scottish that believed it. But there are so many origins of different things for Hallowe'en.
    Tom