How cool do you think a shrimp tank would be?

Cody
I LOVE SHRIMP..how cool do you think a shrimp tank would be?

jack11
I think it would be pretty cool, a few members have different types of invert tanks

Chief_waterchanger
Shrimp tanks can be tons of fun. It is even more fun to get a magnifying glass and try to find all the little babies. (Unless you're like me and have awesome eyesight, then finding them is still fun. )

Dino
We are currently running 5 species/types of shrimp here.

Red Cherry
Neon Green
Yellow
Blues ( the ones cherries came from)
Ghost

We work with the species that do not require a brackish/salt life stage.

0morrokh
Shrimp are pretty sweet. I'd have an all-shrimp tank if my parents would let me get another tank.

Rbacchiega
I have a vampire shrimp juvI in a 5 gallon...but they end up getting pretty massive, so I'll need to move it into a bigger one in a while

Cody
it sucks...theres not a huge amount of shrimp around here...ghost bamboo..Japanese algae eating shrimp...and amno shrimp....are the the ones I usually can find..any suggestions on how it would be ..I would proubably do in a 20

0morrokh
it sucks...theres not a huge amount of shrimp around here...ghost bamboo..Japanese algae eating shrimp...and amno shrimp....are the the ones I usually can find..any suggestions on how it would be ..I would proubably do in a 20

Japanese algae eating shrimp are probably the same thing as Amano shrimp. But there actually are a lot of species of shrimp, if you can get ahold of them. Check out some of the shrimp on this page. You could make a cool setup with a couple Bamboos and a bunch of different dwarf shrimp--Amanos, Red Cherries, etc.

Cody
I thought that amanos and JAES were the same..I wasn't sure though....I'm excited

thanks for that site I really like it

I think I'm just going to keep multiple shrimp in my 55gallon

Chief_waterchanger
You should be careful, depending on what fish you have in the 55g. The shrimp are pretty vulnerable when they molt, and they do that quite often. The fish may take the chance at a seafood dinner.

NOTE: We have cherries in tanks with several fish and have no problems, but we also have a lot of hiding spots for them. Just putting that info out there.

Cody
thanks chief.. well I read on a few websites that you should could use a broken flower pot..I might try that..and my tank already does have a few places they could go....I'm excited...it alll started when I bought a bamboo shrimp a few week ago and I just fell in love

0morrokh
Also keep in mind that if there are any fish other than catfish, even if they won't eat the adults they'll eat any babies. So if you want them to breed it won't work in a tank with fish. What fish do you have in the 55?

I know what you mean, shrimp are addicting. Such cool little critters. ;D

Cody
I got 2 more bamboo shrimp today...I have bloodfin tetras and 3 spot paraguay tetras...there similar ot silver tips and rummy noses..but that's what the petco label..theres simmlare size to bloodfins but yeah..lol hard to explain and I have cories and ottos

0morrokh
Sounds like a nice tank. The tetras will eat any baby shrimp but I don't think they should bother the adults.

Cody
yeah ..well most shrimp are hard to raise as plankton from what I have read anyways

I have recently fell in love with shrimp..I have 3 bamboo shrimp and plan to get some amano shrimp also I find them very interesting and fun to watch sometimes..and a little something different to look ...anyother shrimp lovers ..I would love to talk shrimp and waht not with you

Tom
Cody
the shrimp I can get my hands on are bamboo ghost and amano...and I haven't checked the lfs bye me yet I don't remember but they always see to have something new

Coryd55
I am going to be getting some cherry shrimp in my 55G. 2M and 4F. I am not very well educated on shrimp since I don't have any yet. None of the LFS here have them though. Its sad.

Cody
I went to my lfs today to see if they had anything besides what petco and smart did..and they did I was suprised..I had a awesome cuopun..buy one fish get one free..I got two algae eatting shrimp...more commonly known as Amano shrimp

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MissCap
Replies
Views
Luckyscale2003
Replies
Views
Kathryn Crook
Top Bottom