how common are tiger shrimp?

1. MJDuti Well Known Member Member

All they sell anywhere around here are RCS, amanos, and ghosts. I have seen one lone blue tiger which was amazing looking, but kind of expensive. They would actually work with those 3 types. I don't plan on having them, but it would be a nice option. I figure since shrimp are gaining popularity :D they will show up eventually. Also how much do they typically go for?

2. Daac Well Known Member Member

I don't think they are very common... I have seen them online but thats all... usually around 4 dollars a shrimp

3. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

i have some...but i had to order them. i don't remember how much, but certainly not $4 per....less. they actually have been around for a long while in the hobby....they have lost some popularity, due to other, newer shrimp emerging. they could be coming back around, idk.

4. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

The higher end they get the more you pay. Are you just looking at regular tigers or is there certain colors you were looking at. Ive seen black tigers at my store and there are blue tigers that i also know of. Both of which are $$$. The other thing is that they have more specific care requirements then ghost and cherries.

5. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

yes, i was referring to the regular ones. the other colors are more expensive. they actually don't have more specific requirements than cherries. i keep mine, like i keep rcs, and they have even bred

6. Daac Well Known Member Member

Oh yeah I was talking about the blue and black ones... I forgot there were the normal ones too haha.... I know you can find a lot of shrimp online though..usually the shrimp farm, planet inverts, and other places like that have them.

7. MJDuti Well Known Member Member

I have also seen the red-nosed/rudolph shrimp once and Never again. It's too bad, cause those shrimp are supposedly quite useful, And they actually swim. Anyone ever see them?