How Come My Betta Hides Behind Is Filter?

1. a

ajgravedigger13 Valued Member Member

He has plenty of rocks to hide behind and driftwood and he has not once gone to explore his new aquascape.

2. TommyBear

TommyBear New Member Member

The flow might be to stong for him and he may be hinding behind there to get away from it. How strong is the flow from the filter?

3. OP
    OP
    a

Idk it's one of those aqueon brand filters. When he gets in front of it it does tend to push him around

4. TommyBear

TommyBear New Member Member

I would try and put some of the decor right infront of the output to reduce the flow so he can swim around easier.

5. Piaelliott

Piaelliott Well Known Member Member

Google how to baffle filter, the strong current is probably the problem.

6. OP
    OP
    a

Hmm... Ok

Ok thanks

7. Cheesearmada

Cheesearmada Valued Member Member

A sponge on the filter would also help.

8. OP
    OP
    a

Ok thanks

9. jl_1005

jl_1005 Valued Member Member

I have a very powerful filter too. It came with a few connectors to the outflow, so I position the outflow pointing to the wall, so there's very little water movement.

If your betta is new, they may be stressed and nervous with all that space, having lived their whole lives in a tiny cup. It takes a day or so for them to get used to the environment.

10. shiv234

shiv234 Well Known Member Member

probably to much flow like everyone says or he is just a weird betta and likes the filter...with fishes you can't tell

11. California L33

California L33 Well Known Member Member

Agree with everyone else-

-probably water flow. Bettas don't like strong flow. His fins shouldn't be buffeted if he swims in front of the outflow.

-possibly Betta weirdness. Mine has stopped and rested just about everywhere it's possible to stop and rest in his tank.