How close are my guppies to dropping?

MomOfLiveBearers

I know its impossible to give an exact date but by looking at size and shape do they seem close? I havent had any of my guppies drop fry yet so this will be the first.
20200810_144319_HDR.jpg
20200810_144324_HDR.jpg
20200810_144327_HDR.jpg

kattiq

Well Known
Honestly it'ts sort of hard to give a good estimate, depends on a few factors I think. One of my females has been larger than those for almost 2 weeks and still hasn't dropped. I watched a good video on how to sort of be able to tell.

OP
MomOfLiveBearers

MomOfLiveBearers

kattiq said:
Honestly it'ts sort of hard to give a good estimate, depends on a few factors I think. One of my females has been larger than those for almost 2 weeks and still hasn't dropped. I watched a good video on how to sort of be able to tell.
Thank you! That was a great video. These are both first timers so I think they are close according tp what he said in the video.

kattiq

Well Known
Ahh okay! Well good luck, I keep watching mine as well because I think she is really close!
5161646F-17BA-4C47-BDDE-EFD5AE4CAE97.jpeg

OP
MomOfLiveBearers

MomOfLiveBearers

kattiq said:
Ahh okay! Well good luck, I keep watching mine as well because I think she is really close!
5161646F-17BA-4C47-BDDE-EFD5AE4CAE97.jpeg
She sure looks like she should be close. Your boys are so handsome!

kattiq

Well Known
rageinred said:
She sure looks like she should be close. Your boys are so handsome!
Thanks! I want to put mine in a breeder box but shes literally looked like this for over a week so that's why it just seems like you never really know.

Tallen78

kattiq said:
Thanks! I want to put mine in a breeder box but shes literally looked like this for over a week so that's why it just seems like you never really know.
I have a 55g guppy tank started with 6f and 2m never really paid to much attention to their spawning but woke up one morning to a few fry hiding in the java moss and within the following months they just multiplied I’ve done it all to try and control it trading to my lfs for credit giving them away and yes I’m guilty of using some as feeders also but the only way I’ve really been able to control them is removing the males and I’m still getting new fry idk

lobobrandon

From the looks of these pics, none of them are close at all. The minimum I would say is another week. Would love to be wrong though. Usually, the belly flattens a few days prior to delivery. All of these in the images have roundish tummies and not just the OP.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom